North Surry and Surry Central held camps this week. The summer camp season is more than halfway over, but several more events are left.
• Monday to Wednesday, East Surry hosts its girls and boys basketball camp for rising third through eighth grade girls and boys. The cost is $75 and includes a T-shirt. Camp brochures are available at the front office at East Surry High School.
• Monday to Thursday, Mount Airy will host the Mount Airy Young Bears Soccer Camp for boys and girls ages 8-12. The camp runs from 8:30 a.m. to noon and will include Mount Airy coach Will Hurley, assistant coach Holden Hurley, and members of the varsity Mount Airy soccer team.
For more information, call coach Hurley at 910-723-7759. Cost is $70.
• July 18, East Surry will host the Cardinal Softball Camp for rising third through eighth graders at Palmer Field. The cost is $25.
• July 27-28, East Surry will host the Gage Edwards Youth Football Camp for rising third through eighth graders. The camp will run from 8:30 a.m. to noon. and the cost is $20. Camp brochures are available at East Surry High School.
• July 27-29, East Surry hosts its volleyball camp for rising first through eighth graders. The cost is $45 if registered before next Friday. The camp will run from 8 a.m. to noon each day and includes a T-shirt.
• July 27-29, North Surry will hold its sixth-annual football camp, 9-11 a.m. each day. The $30 cost includes a T-shirt and a drink each day. For more information, contact Danny Lyons at 336-830-5905.
• July 27-28, the Lady Bears/Cross Creek golf clinic will be held from 9-11 a.m. both days at the country club.
For girls ages 9-18, the golf clinic is just $15.
Maggie McCormick, an LPGA teaching professional, and club pro Brad Edwards will lead the instruction along with members of the Cross Creek Ladies Golf Association and the Mount Airy players.
Bear coach Tommye Phillips said the two-day clinic will include instruction on basic golf fundamentals, course management, rules and etiquette. For more information, contact Coach Phillips at 786-5366 and [email protected]