DOBSON — The Surry County Sheriff’s Office has released the following arrest reports:
• Brent Herbert Pica, 33, of Viola Lane, Mount Airy, was arrested Aug. 20 and charged with multiple felonies: two counts of possession of stolen firearms, possession of firearms by a convicted felon, and possession of stolen property. He received a $50,000 secured bond and an Oct. 2 court date.
Pica first became a felon in 2004 when he was convicted of four counts of breaking and entering and five counts of larceny after breaking and entering. He served five and a half months in prison.
Just two and a half months after getting out he was caught for another incident of felony breaking and entering and larceny. He served 10 months in prison for that, which can concurrent with time for four felony convictions for breaking and entering, larceny, safecracking and possession of a firearm by a felon that occurred between his earlier arrest and the start of his prison sentence. In all he spent from Nov. 30, 2006, to May 2, 2008, in prison.
Two months later Pica was involved in another break-in, then caught with stolen goods a month later. He was convicted of breaking and entering, larceny, two counts of stolen goods, and becoming a habitual felon. He served from December 2008 to April 2015 in prison.
He was arrested on seven felonies that occurred over a nine-day stretch in November 2016. He was convicted of breaking and entering, larceny, two counts of safecracking, three counts of possession of a firearm, possession of a Schedule III drug and drug paraphernalia.
This time he served from June 2017 to November 2018 in prison.
After this August arrest in Surry County he was charged with a post-release violation in Caswell County and was convicted Aug. 21. He was placed into custody at that time with a projected release date of March 9, 2020.
That release may not happen because he still has his Surry County charges coming up in court again on Nov. 13.
In other arrest reports:
• Joey Keith Caudle, 28, of Rockford Street, Mount Airy, was served an order for arrest Aug. 19 for failure to appear in court Aug. 16 on a charge of violating probation. He was given a $1,000 secured bond and a Sept. 25 court date.
• Rhonda Draughn Mayes, 46, of Anderson Road, Siloam, was served an order for arrest Aug. 19 for failure to appear in court June 10. She was given a $600 secured bond and a Sept. 10 court date.
• Jennie Woodel Surratt Parks, 59, of Meadowlark Road, Mount Airy, was served a warrant Aug. 20 charging her with passing a worthless check, dated the day before. The complainant is Bear Creek Gifts of Mount Airy. She was given a $500 secured bond and a Sept. 12 court date.
• Joshua Darrell Troy Lambert, 30, of Holly Springs Road, Mount Airy was served an order for arrest Aug. 16 for failure to appear in court June 4. He was given a $10,000 secured bond and a Sept. 12 court date.
On Oct. 30 he has a court date for charges of felony possession of a Schedule I drug (heroin or morphine), possession of drug paraphernalia, and carrying a concealed weapon after consuming alcohol.
On Nov. 18 he faces charges of possession of a Schedule III drug (such as ketamine or buprenorphine) and drug paraphernalia.
On Nov. 26 the charges are possession of a Schedule III drug and driving while license revoked.
• Melinda Emlene Cortes-Hernandez, 39, of Sparta, was served an order for arrest Aug. 20 for failure to appear in court July 16. She received a $50,000 secured bond and a Sept. 23 court date.
On Oct. 22 she has a court date to face a charge of probation violation for being out of the county.
She has three DWI convictions on her record, including one in February which had her still under supervision in Alleghany County when she was caught in Surry County.
• Chelse Marie Azbell, 23, of Deerfield Lane, Mount Airy, was served an order for arrest Aug. 20 for failure to appear in court Aug. 7. She was given a $13,000 secured bond and a Sept. 4 court date.
On Oct. 2 she was convicted of possession of a Schedule II drug (which can include meth, Vicodin and OxyContin) and drug paraphernalia. She was given probation and a suspended sentence. On Nov. 13 she has a court date to face a felony charge of larceny of a vehicle.
• Kenneth Mitchell Unger Jr., 24, of Epperson Church Road, Mount Airy, was served an order for arrest Aug. 20 for failure to appear in court July 17. He received a $500 secured bond and a court date today for charges of speeding and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Reach Jeff at 415-4692.