• Property damage occurred Monday at Mount Airy Middle School, according to city police department reports. The crime involved an unknown party entering restrooms in a concession area and turning on the hot water. Bleachers at the Hamburg Street campus also were “rolled,” police records state, and a bench of a wooden picnic table was broken, with that damage put at $150.
• A break-in and larceny was discovered Sunday at a building in the 800 block of North South Street, owned by Bray Properties. Entry was gained by cutting a lock clasp, enabling the theft of a DeWalt cordless drill and DeWalt light along with miscellaneous hand tools, valued at $70 altogether.
• A second-degree trespassing violation was filed Saturday against Jimmy Dean Poole, 32, of 480 York Road, after he was located inside a business at Mayberry Mall. Poole previously had been banned from all mall property and is facing a July 14 appearance in Surry District Court.
• Two Raleigh residents were arrested Friday on alleged felony violations at Walmart. Crystal Gail Walker, 34, is charged with obtaining property by false pretense, a felony; felonious possession of a Schedule II controlled substance; and providing fictitious information to a law enforcement officer.
Both Walker and the other person involved, David Earl Caldwell, 41, listed as her husband, are accused of larceny by changing price tag and possession of drug paraphernalia and he additionally was charged with conspiracy to obtain property by false pretense. They were confined in the Surry County Jail, each under a $2,250 secured bond, and are scheduled to be in District Court on July 20.
• Also Friday, police were told that an unauthorized, fabricated ATM card that involved a rectangle-shaped magnet was used in an attempt to unlawfully obtain money from the ATM at State Employees Credit Union on South Franklin Road.
• Jonathan Torrey Duncan, 37, of 289 Cedar Ridge Road, was served with a criminal summons for injury to personal property Friday, which had been filed on June 21 with Kay Angela Vargas of South Main Street as the complainant. Duncan is to be in District Court on July 31.