• A Mount Airy man was arrested Sunday on felony theft-related charges, according to city police department reports. Douglas Wayne Honeycutt, 27, of 1264 E. Pine St., was taken into custody after a traffic stop on Pine Terrace Trail. He is accused of habitual larceny, felonious possession of stolen goods and a misdemeanor charge of first-degree trespassing.
No other details were listed regarding the alleged crimes, for which Honeycutt was confined in the Surry County Jail under a $7,500 secured bond. He is scheduled to appear in District Court on Sept. 6.
Kaylene Elizabeth Jessup, 27, of 676 Roy Stanley Road, Dobson, who was operating the 2007 Chevrolet Malibu Honeycutt was riding in, was charged with driving while license revoked and is free on a written promise to be in court on Sept. 21.
Jessup, whose address was listed then as 150 Cedar Ridge Place, also had been arrested on July 13 on a warrant for a larceny charge that had been filed in Forsyth County on June 27 and released under a written promise to appear in court on Aug. 8.
• Items owned by Diane Lawson Walker of Westfield, listed as miscellaneous bank cards, including ones issued by BB&T and PNC; a Samsung Galaxy touch-screen phone and case valued at $110; and a driver’s license were stolen Monday after being left unattended at Northern Hospital of Surry County.
• Donald Gray Fulton Jr., 22, of 185 Lettie Stewart Lane, was jailed under a $71,000 secured bond on July 16 as a fugitive from justice from Carroll County, Virginia, and on an order for arrest for failing to appear in court which had been filed in October. Fulton was taken into custody after a traffic stop on Newsome Street which revealed him to be wanted, with no details listed regarding the out-of-state matter. He is scheduled to be in Surry District Court on Oct. 30.
During the same traffic stop, Donald Gray Fulton Sr., 48, of 182 Lettie Stewart Lane, was arrested on a felony charge of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, identified as a handgun.
Fulton Sr. was 18 years old when he was convicted of felonies rape, first-degree sexual offense and taking indecent liberty with a child in 1988. Fulton Sr. was held in the Surry County Jail under a $1,000 secured bond and also is to be in court on Oct. 30.
• Dillon Ryan Odum, 22, of 527 Wind Ridge Lane, Dobson, was arrested on July 13 on charges including possession of methamphetamine, a felony; aiding and abetting a larceny; and possession of a concealed firearm stemming from a larceny investigation at the Goodwill store on Rockford Street. A search of the vehicle Odum was in and his person allegedly turned up methamphetamine, a meth bowl and a pistol, arrest records state, leading to his incarceration under a $1,000 secured bond.
A co-defendant, Hailey Brooke Danley, 23, of 220 Danley Road, Ararat, was charged with larceny, possession of stolen property and possession of drug paraphernalia. Both Danley and Odum are slated to be in Surry District Court on Oct. 16.
• Rite Aid on East Lebanon Street was the scene of a break-in on July 13, when a rock was thrown through a front window, enabling the theft of a canned-air aerosol product valued at $25. The damage to the glass door was put at $300.