Police reports

• A woman listed as homeless was arrested Friday in connection with an incident that included her alleged throwing of a brick through the window of a residence, according to Mount Airy Police Department reports. Kelly Sue Perez, 52, allegedly threw the brick, which struck Margaret Donathon in the leg, police records state.

Donathon then allegedly exited the residence and struck Perez and the two began fighting, hitting each other multiple times. Perez subsequently was charged with assault and battery and injury to real property and was held in the Surry County Jail under a $500 secured bond. She is scheduled to appear in District Court on Aug. 8.

• A larceny was discovered Friday at Detail Plus, a business on East Bluemont Road, where gasoline of an undisclosed value was stolen from a 2003 Chevrolet owned by Southern’s Used Cars of Dobson, after a hole was made in the fuel tank. The damage to the tank was put at $200.

• April Devon Penn, 42, of 643 Maple St., was served Wednesday with a criminal summons for a larceny charge that had been filed the day before with no other details listed. The case is set for the Aug. 20 District Court session.

• Alvin Ray Pack, 58, of 120 Rogers Lane, was served Wednesday with an outstanding criminal summons on a charge of filing a false police report which had been issued in December 2017. Pack, who was encountered by police during a traffic stop, is scheduled to be in court on Aug. 23.

• Jimmy Dee Snow, 49, of 121 Hamburg St., was charged with resisting, obstructing or delaying a public officer Wednesday after police investigated a civil disturbance at his home. Snow was ordered held in the Surry County Jail until sober and is free on a written promise to appear in District Court on July 31.

• Travis Corey Broughton, 34, of 1575 Old Highway 601, is facing charges of driving while impaired and having no insurance which were filed last Tuesday after a traffic crash involving a 2002 Ford Explorer he allegedly was operating.

Broughton was taken into custody in the area of N.C. 89 and Independence Boulevard and transported to the police station for testing. He was released on a written promise to appear in District Court on Sept. 20.