• Crime did not take a holiday in Mount Airy on the Fourth of July, when a vehicle was stolen, according to city police department reports. The 1999 Saturn SL2 owned by Larry Judson Davis, black in color and bearing tag number PHX1020, was taken from his home on Granite Street. The car is valued at $1,500.
• Alfonso Ocampo Neri, 36, of 244 Peele Road, was arrested Tuesday on a charge of common law robbery, a felony, after officers investigated a civil disturbance at the Four Brothers convenience store on Holly Springs Road. No other details were listed regarding the alleged offense, for which Neri was jailed under a $1,000 secured bond. He is scheduled to appear in Surry District Court on Sept. 12.
• Thomas Michael Watts Jr., 45, of 1125 Fowler Road, was arrested Sunday on two felony charges, obtaining property by false pretense and possession of a counterfeit instrument, which had been filed on May 18 with no other details listed. Watts was released under a $5,000 unsecured bond to appear in District Court on July 23.
• William Dean Nelson, 28, of 221 Simpson Road, was arrested on four drug violations on June 28 after a traffic stop at South Main Street and Old Buck Shoals Road. Nelson is accused of felonious possession of a Schedule II controlled substance, maintaining a drug vehicle, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana paraphernalia. He was held in the Surry County Jail under a $3,500 secured bond, with July 31 his court date.
Last month Nelson was served an order for arrest for failure to appear in court on charges of driving while license revoked, fictitious license plate, no car insurance and failure to apply for a new title. He was given a $2,000 secured bond and a July 10 court date.
He also has a court appearance July 17 for the charge of assault on a female. On July 26 the charges are felony possession with intent to manufacture/sell/deliver a Schedule II drug, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana paraphernalia, driving while license revoked, and resisting an officer.
• Ryan Alex Bullock, 29, of 523 Worth St., No. 12, is facing a violation of resisting, obstructing or delaying a public officer, which was filed after officers encountered him on June 28 in reference to an order for arrest for a probation violation that had been issued through the N.C. Department of Correction on June 1. Bullock is slated for an Aug. 22 District Court appearance.
• Maranda Lee Castano, 36, of 263 October Lane, No. 1, was served with criminal summonses for two counts on larceny on June 28 after police observed her walking on West Lebanon Street. Those offenses had been issued on June 11 through the Surry County Sheriff’s Office, with no other details listed. Castano is scheduled to be in District Court Tuesday.
• North Pointe Wellness and Fitness Center was the scene of a larceny on June 26, involving property owned by Ricky Wayne Secrest of Blue Hollow Road. Listed as stolen were a ring containing seven keys and a key fob and a Case folding pocketknife.