• Violations of hit and run and driving while license revoked were filed Monday against a Lowgap woman, according to Mount Airy Police Department reports. Andrea Renee Stewart, 25, of 148 Gilmer Miller Road, was located on North South Street near Hale Street during the investigation of the hit-and-run incident, for which no other details were listed. Stewart is scheduled to appear in Surry District Court on Sept. 7.
• Helen Rose Eleanor Smith, 24, of 1019 Mitchell St., was arrested on a charge of resisting a public officer Sunday while police were trying to serve warrants on another person at that address, Garrett Tyler Knott. Smith allegedly interfered with officers during the incident, and was jailed under a $1,000 secured bond. She is to be in District Court on Aug. 28.
• A larceny occurred Tuesday at Hillbilly Ice and Creamery on North Main Street, where an undisclosed sum of money was taken from a tip jar by an unknown suspect.
• Offenses of possession of stolen property and second-degree trespassing were filed against Cory Lee Coleman, 24, of 936 Davis St., on June 11 after an incident at Walmart. Coleman was scheduled to be in court Wednesday.
• Don Eric Rucker, 47, of 1421 Fancy Gap Road, No. 12, was arrested as a fugitive from justice on June 8 after he was encountered by police during a larceny investigation. Rucker allegedly provided a false name during the investigation, which revealed that he was the subject of an outstanding order for arrest for failing to appear in court in Davidson County, filed in August 2011. He also was charged at the time of his arrest with resisting, obstructing or delaying a public officer.
Rucker was confined in the Surry County Jail under a $15,000 secured bond and slated for a July 24 appearance in District Court.
• A theft was discovered at the Thirsty Souls brewery business on Market Street on June 7, which involved the loss of a pigtail electrical cord valued at $50, taken by a known suspect.