Mount Airy Police Reports

• A Mount Airy man was jailed Monday under an $11,500 secured bond on charges including four counts of assault on a child under 12, according to city police department reports. Garrett Tyler Knott, 23, of 1019 Mitchell St., also is accused of two domestic-violence protection order violations, one filed on June 12 and the other last Friday, as well as resisting, obstructing or delaying a public officer.

Knott, who was taken into custody at a Pine Street location near South Street, is scheduled to appear in Surry District Court on Aug. 28.

• Also Monday, Jason Daniel Tate, 34, of 138 Whitewood Lane, was arrested on charges including possession of methamphetamine, a felony; possession of marijuana; and possession of drug paraphernalia after he was encountered by police during a welfare check at Sheetz. Tate was confined in the Surry County Jail under a $3,500 secured bond and slated for a July 10 District Court appearance.

• A break-in involving the theft of an undisclosed sum of money was discovered at Rainbow Child Care Center on Junction Street on June 13. The telephone lines were cut and a window was smashed to gain entry, resulting in damage put at $300.

• Bobby Keith Jessup, 53, listed as homeless, was charged with soliciting without a permit in violation of a city ordinance on June 13. Jessup was arrested on U.S. 52 near Rockford Street after police encountered him during a suspicious-person call. He was held in the county jail under a $500 secured bond and the case is set for the July 12 District Court session.

• Clinton Gregory Linville, 22, of 1179 W. Lebanon St., was served June 12 with warrants on charges of attempting to obtain property by false pretense, a felony, and concealment of merchandise. The charges had been filed on June 9, with no other details listed. Linville was jailed under a $1,000 secured bond, with July 10 his court date.

• Stephen Matthew Griffin, 19, of 314 Lovill St., was charged with stalking on June 12. Police records state that Griffin admitted to the crime and voluntarily showed officers his accounts and photos he had of the unnamed victim. He was released under a $500 unsecured bond to appear in Surry District Court on July 23.