• A public animal nuisance charge has been filed against a Mount Airy teen stemming from the death of a dog, according to city police department reports. Austin Taylor Pozo, 17, of 410 Broad St., was cited for the misdemeanor offense on June 4 in reference to an animal problem.
In involved a canine owned by Pozo which went into the yard of a neighbor, “where it proceeded to kill” a dog owned by that individual, police records state. The case is set for the July 24 session of Surry District Court.
• Austin Deche Drake, 24, of King, was charged last Wednesday with a drug felony — possession of a Schedule II controlled substance with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver, and possession of drug paraphernalia, after police investigated a suspicious vehicle at the Four Brothers convenience store in Holly Springs. Drake, who allegedly was found in possession of methamphetamine, is free on a written promise to appear in District Court on July 12.
• Kristi Christiva Lowe, 28, of 165 Crosswinds Lane, was jailed under a $10,000 secured bond last Tuesday after she was encountered by police during a traffic stop on West Lebanon Street. Lowe was found to be wanted on an order for arrest issued through the Surry County clerk of court the day before and charges of larceny and possession of stolen goods which had been filed on May 27 with no other details given.
Lowe, who also was cited on a charge of no operator’s license, was scheduled to be in court on Monday.
• Kaitlyn Elizabeth Martin, 27, of 823 W. Main St., Pilot Mountain, was arrested on multiple charges on June 1 after a traffic stop in the 800 block of West Pine Street. The list includes possession of methamphetamine, a felony; simple possession of a Schedule II controlled substance; simple possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance; possession of drug paraphernalia; possession of marijuana; and having an open container of alcohol.
Martin was held in the Surry County Jail under a $1,000 secured bond and slated for a July 9 District Court appearance.
• Tina Lawson Alder, 45, of 1566 Christian Road, Westfield, was served on May 31 with warrants on charges of larceny and shoplifting/concealment of goods which had been issued through the Surry County Sheriff’s Office on May 8 with no other details listed. Alder was released on a $1,500 unsecured bond to appear in District Court on Wednesday.
• A larceny charge was issued against Martha Jaramille Pedraza, 41, of 2307 Wards Gap Road, after an incident at Lowes Foods on May 31. Pedraza’s court date is Aug. 1.