DOBSON — The Surry County Sheriff’s Office has released the following arrest reports:
• Wesley Daniel Wood, 38, of Swanson Southern Road, Elkin, was served a warrant at the county jail June 5 for achieving the status of habitual felon, dated May 7. He was released on a written promise to appear in court June 15.
He also has a June 28 court appearance for charges of larceny and shoplifting by concealing goods
According to the N.C. Department of Public Safety, Wood has previously been convicted of being a habitual felon in January 2011, along with felony breaking and entering, possession of stolen goods and obtaining property by false pretense. He served in prison for six years and three months.
In 2003 he was convicted of assault with a deadly weapon, inflicting serious injury. In 2004 he was convicted of seven counts of “felony cheat property/services” and felony possession of a Schedule II drug.
• Jamie Lamonte Wood, 45, of Austin Little Mountain Road, Elkin, was served a warrant June 5 at the courthouse for achieving the status of habitual felon, dated May 7. He was held pending a court date later that day.
Wood was convicted January 2017 in Forsyth County of possession of a Schedule II drug and was set for release on June 5.
However, according to the state he was set to serve time for another drug possession charge for Iredell County. The Schedule IV conviction in 2013 was a suspended sentence, provided the defendant stayed clean, but state records show that the sentence has now been activated, and Wood is projected to be in custody for Iredell until Dec. 8.
• Derrick Wayne France, 38, of Eleanor Avenue, Mount Airy, was served an order for arrest June 4 at the courthouse for failure to appear in court April 3 on a charge of failure to report for drug testing. He was given a $25,000 secured bond and a Sept. 4 hearing.
• Christopher William Turney, 33, of Salvation Lane, Lowgap, was served a warrant June 4 on a charge of failure to pay child support, dated May 10. He was given a $903 cash bond and a court date the next day.
• Garrett Tyler Knott, 23, of Franklin Road, Mount Airy, was served a warrant June 4 on a charge of violating a restraining order, dated the previous day. He was given a $500 secured bond and a July 24 court date.
Two days later he was served a warrant by the Mount Airy Police Department charging him with assault on a female. He was given no bond with the same July 24 appearance.
• Hipolito Alexandro Vargas, 27, of Mason Road, Mount Airy, was served an order for arrest June 4 on a charge of failure to pay child support. He was given a $1,050 cash bond and a June 28 court date.
• Alvin Junior Hunter, 65, of Angela Lane, Mount Airy, was served an order for arrest June 5 on charges of larceny and possession of stolen goods. He was given a $3,000 secured bond and a July 24 court date.
• Michael Craig Smithey, 37, of Boomer, was served an order for arrest at the county jail for failure to appear in court Nov. 17 in Ashe County. The original charge was not listed. He was given a $1,000 unsecured bond and a July 26 court date in Jefferson.
• Daniel Wayne Hawks, 38, of Spencer Trail, Elkin, was served a criminal summons June 3 charging him with child abuse, dated Feb. 5. The complainant is listed as Michelle Montgomery of Ennice. Hawks was given a July 13 court date in Sparta.
• James Henry Tate, 27, of Apostle Lane, Mount Airy, was served a warrant June 7 on a charge of larceny, dated June 5 for the Mount Airy Police Department. He was given a $1,000 secured bond and a July 24 court date.
• Christopher Ryan Mash, 33, of Next Door Trail, Mount Airy, was served an order for arrest June 7 on charges of larceny, possession of stolen goods, assault on a female and interfering with emergency communications, dated May 15 and 21. He was given a $2,000 secured bond and a $1,500 unsecured bond with court dates of June 13 and July 26.