• The Andy Griffith Playhouse was the scene of a theft on Monday, according to Mount Airy Police Department reports. It involved two suspects placing power tools in their backpacks and then walking away from the playhouse area, where parking lot improvements are under way. The equipment taken, with a total value of $600, was listed as an 18-volt drill and a 12-volt drill, both of the Milwaukee brand and red in color.
John Marsh of Forrest Drive is the victim of the crime.
• Rusty Leigh Queen, 41, of 320 Pippen St., was charged Monday with larceny from a merchant, a felony, stemming from an incident at Burke’s Outlet on Rockford Street in which Queen allegedly switched product codes on merchandise. She was released under a $1,500 secured bond to appear in Surry District Court on July 9 and has been banned from the store.
• Michael Allen Griffith, 35, listed as homeless, was jailed under a $10,000 bond on charges of assault on a government official; resisting, delaying or obstructing a public officer; and second-degree trespassing after police responded to a trespassing call on May 27 at the Super C convenience store on East Pine Street. Griffith is scheduled to appear in District Court on June 27.
• James Christopher Jordan, 51, of 254 Springview Lane, was charged with driving while impaired on May 27 as the result of a traffic crash involving a 2001 Chevrolet Suburban on Riverside Drive. Jordan allegedly attempted to leave the wreck scene on foot and was encountered by police near Bennett Street. He was released under a $500 unsecured bond to appear in District Court on July 24.
• Ryan Alex Bullock, 29, of 523 Worth St., No. 12, was arrested on charges of assault with a deadly weapon and assault on a female on May 27, which had been issued two days before with Latrice Chiffon Brown of Newsome Street as the complainant. Bullock was held in the Surry County Jail under a $1,000 secured bond. The case is set for the June 29 District Court session.
• Teyona Brown, 28, of 318 Jeffries St., was served with a warrant for an assault and battery charge on May 27 and confined in the county jail under a $500 secured bond. The warrant had been filed on May 25 with Asherah Smith of Merritt Street listed as the complainant. Brown’s court date is June 29.
• A license plate, number CAK9196, was discovered stolen on May 27 from a 1993 Buick Century owned by Todd Noel Jones of Winston-Salem. The tag was taken while the vehicle was at Cooke Trucking on South Andy Griffith Parkway, where Jones is employed.
• Joseph Steven Haynes, 27, of 352 Taylor St., was arrested on outstanding warrants for charges of injury to personal property and assault on a female on May 26, which had been issued in Cabarrus County on April 15 with Audrey Camardella of Raleigh as the complainant. Haynes was held in the Surry County Jail with no bond figure listed and is scheduled to be in court in Cabarrus on June 22.
• Christopher Mark Brooks, 45, listed as a homeless Mount Airy resident, was arrested on May 25 after police encountered him in the Sunset Drive/Banner Street area during a suspicious-person call. Brooks was found to be wanted on matters initiated by Surry County authorities, including a charge of reconnecting a utility which had been filed on July 18 of last year, and a July 2017 order for arrest for failing to appear in court.
He was jailed under a $2,000 secured bond and slated for an Aug. 3 District Court appearance.