The Surry County Sheriff’s Office has released the following arrest reports:
• Bryant Norcross, 39, of Village Circle Apartments, Dobson, was served an order for arrest Tuesday for failure to appear in court December 2016. He is charged with possession of a firearm by a felon, obtaining property by false pretense, and soliciting to purchase a firearm illegally. He was first indicted December 2016.
He was given a $30,000 secured bond and an April 30 court date.
• Tyler Dale Ring, 20, of Blanton Lane, Dobson, was served warrants March 5 charging him with three counts of communicating threats and two counts of assault on a female, all dated Feb. 26. The victims are listed as Rebecca and Rachel Ring of the home. He is being held without bond with a March 23 court date.
• Christopher Noel Chilton, 39, of Nursery Lane, Ararat, was served a criminal summons March 5 on charges of four counts of passing a worthless check. The complainant is D&J Galaxy Foods of Westfield Road, Mount Airy. He was given a court date of today.
• Chad Stephen Willard, 39, of Claudville, Virginia, was served an order for arrest March 5 on a charge of larceny of a vehicle, dated Aug. 22. He was given a $1,000 secured bond and an April 2 court date.
• Bridgette Nicole Bounds, 42, of Emerald Lane, Mount Airy, was served warrants March 6 on charges of obtaining property by false pretense and credit card fraud, both dated Jan. 7 for the Mount Airy Police Department. She was given a $1,000 unsecured bond and a March 12 court date.
• Michael Amos Spencer, 46, of Dinosaur Lane, Mount Airy, was served a criminal summons March 6 on a charge of aiding and abetting a criminal, dated Feb. 23. The complainant is listed as Douglas Thompson, also of Dinosaur Lane. Spencer was given a March 23 court date.
• Courtney Amber Tilley, 24, of Banks Valley Lane, Mount Airy, was served an order for arrest March 6 on a charge of failure to appear in court the day before on a charge of operating a vehicle with no insurance. She was given a $300 cash bond and a May 7 court date.
• Gary Allen Lewis Jr., of Embrace Lane, Mount Airy, was served an order for arrest March 7 on a charge of failure to pay child support, dated Sept. 8. He was given a $3,309 cash bond and a court date the next day.
• Eric Eugene Benton, 47, of Leeford Lane, Elkin, was served an order for arrest March 7 on charges of counts of failure to appear in court last month. The original charges were violating a restraining order, probation violations, driving while impaired and larceny. He was given a $29,500 secured bond and a March 23 court date.
He was expected in court in Wilkes County this week on charges of indecent exposure, driving while impaired, driving while license revoked, 30-day civil revocation of his license, unsafe movements in traffic, and having an open alcohol container in the vehicle. He also has a March 16 date in Wilkesboro for the charge of second-degree trespassing.