• A vehicle was discovered to have been stolen in Mount Airy Wednesday, according to city police department reports. The 1997 Chevrolet Blazer owned by Theresa Sandlin, a resident of Windsor Lane, is said to have been taken from that location by a known party. The white SUV valued at $1,200 was described as having a broken front glass.
• Police were told Tuesday that the pocketbook of Deborah Fawe Rawley of Carolina Court had been stolen from her unlocked vehicle at her home. The beige pocketbook contained a debit card, credit card and driver’s license.
• Angela Kaye Willey, 51, of 414 E. Main St., Pilot Mountain, was served with an outstanding criminal summons for a cyberstalking violation Tuesday after she was encountered during a traffic stop. It had been issued in November 2014 in Allehghany County with a woman who lives in that county listed as the complainant. Willey is scheduled to appear in Alleghany District Court on Nov. 8.
• Gilmer Lee Cowick, 70, of 127 Rawley Ave., No. 7, was arrested on a driving while impaired violation Saturday on Willow Street near Franklin Street after a motor vehicle collision. Cowick was taken to the Surry County Jail and is to appear in District Court on Nov. 16.
• Morgan Grae Beverly, 23, of 112 Sparger Road, was jailed under a $600 secured bond Saturday after police encountered her during a traffic stop for alleged careless and reckless driving.
Beverly allegedly gave her name falsely as Jessi Beverly Morgan, leading to a charge of resisting, obstructing or delaying a public officer. She also was found to be the subject of an outstanding order for arrest for failing to appear in court, issued on May 5, and additionally was cited Saturday for possession of marijuana paraphernalia. Beverly is to be in Surry District Court on Oct. 24.