• A Mount Airy man was arrested on a felony drug violation charge after being encountered during a suspicious-vehicle call during the early morning hours Sunday at the Four Brothers convenience store on Holly Springs Road. After an investigation, Travis Wayne Burkhart, 37, of 182 Starrwood Trail, was charged with possession of methamphetamine, a felony; misdemeanor possession of a Schedule II controlled substance; misdemeanor possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance; and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Burkhart was confined in the Surry County Jail under a $6,500 secured bond and is scheduled to appear in District Court on Nov. 26.
• A larceny occurred Tuesday at Food Lion on West Lebanon Street, where a known female suspect stole steaks valued at $57 by concealing the merchandise in her purse. Included were two boneless New York strip steaks and two beef ribeye steaks. Though a known individual was involved, no violations were filed in the immediate aftermath of the incident.
• An Apple MacBook Air computer, silver in color and valued at $1,000, was discovered stolen Tuesday from the residence of owner Teddy Ray Hayes III on Mayberry Avenue.
• A concealment of merchandise violation was issued Wednesday against Misty Prim Hull, 42, of 223 Faye Trail, Siloam, who allegedly was found in possession of Excedrin by employees of Walgreens on Rockford Street as she was leaving the store. Hull was located by police at the Chili’s restaurant next door, but the property was not recovered. She is scheduled to be in Surry District Court on Nov. 30.
• Samantha Marie Evans, 26, of 102 New Crosswinds Drive, was arrested on a felony violation of assault with a deadly weapon, inflicting serious injury, on Sept. 19 on Hillcrest Drive at Old Rockford Street after police encountered her during a domestic disturbance call.
Evans, who reportedly was armed with a razor, also is facing an offense of possession of drug paraphernalia. Details regarding the alleged assault were not listed. The woman was held in the Surry County Jail, with no bond figure listed, and slated for an Oct. 16 appearance in District Court.