• Gaming and other electronic equipment with a total value of $2,500 has been stolen as the result of a break-in at a Mount Airy residence, according to city police department reports. The incident was discovered Friday at the apartment of Danny James Willard, located in the 500 block of Worth Street, where a door was pried open with an unknown tool to gain entry.
This enabled the theft of a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series laptop computer, an Insignia 36-inch flat-screen television set and a Retro 3 game system, along with Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Playstation 2, 3 and 4 products.
• Joey Keith Caudle, 26 of 873 Fowler Road, was arrested Saturday on a charge of injury to personal property, which stemmed from an incident in a vehicle with his stepmother, identified as Judy Alexander. Police records state that Caudle allegedly kicked the back of the woman’s seat, argued with her, got out of the car and started kicking it, leaving several dents. He was held in the Surry County Jail under a $500 secured bond and slated for an Oct. 4 appearance in District Court.
• Adrianne LaWanda Phillips, 37, of 320 Eleanor Ave., was arrested on Aug. 22 after an incident at Lowes Foods, where she was cited on a charge of concealment of unspecified merchandise, which was recovered, and also found to be wanted on outstanding warrants for violations of larceny and second-degree trespassing. The warrants had been issued the day before, with no other details listed. Phillips, who additionally was charged with simple assault on Aug. 22 with no explanation given, was jailed under a $1,000 secured bond. Her court date is Oct. 26.
• Violations of displaying fictitious registration, driving with a revoked license and expired registration were issued on Aug. 19 on Fowler Road against Vickie Haynes Sizemore, 40, of 156 Foye Haynes Lane, who is scheduled to be in District Court on Sept. 5.
• Police were told on Aug. 18 that the tag from a trailer owned by Elizabeth Helen Rounds of Clearwater, Florida, was missing from Quality Inn on Rockford Street, where the trailer was parked. The number of the Florida tag is 2049XI.
• James Eric Linville, 43, of 136 Puckett St., was charged with felonious possession of a Schedule 1 controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia late on the evening of Aug. 17 after a suspicious-vehicle investigation in the parking lot of the Speedway convenience store on West Pine Street. Linville also was found to be the subject of an outstanding warrant for an offense of assault on a female which had been filed on July 28 in the city. Police records indicate that he was taken to the Surry County Jail, with no bond figure listed. Linville is scheduled to be in court on Oct. 26.
• Diana Leigh Johnson, 31, of 527 Old Highway 89, was arrested on Aug. 17 on a felony drug violation, possession of a Schedule II controlled substance with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver, and possession of drug paraphernalia. Johnson was the front passenger of a vehicle that was pulled over at the intersection of U.S. 52 and U.S. 601 for a fictitious license plate, which led to a search and controlled substances being located. She was confined in the county jail under a $1,000 secured bond and is to be in Surry District Court on Oct. 10.