• A Mount Airy woman has been accused of concealment of goods at the Goodwill store on Rockford Street, according to city police department reports. After officers responded to a larceny call there Saturday, Judy Carol Hill, 65, of 141 Angela Lane, was found to have allegedly concealed eight razors, a pair of shoes and a wallet inside her purse, items with a total value of $23. Hill is scheduled to appear in Surry District Court on Nov. 14.
• The license plate, number YPB4903, was stolen Saturday from a 2009 Toyota Camry owned by Andrea Simmons Jarvis of North Franklin Road. The theft occurred while the vehicle was in the Big Lots parking lot on Carter Street.
• Hasan Raheem McCall, 40, of 1314 Grove Lane, was arrested last Friday on felony charges of breaking and entering and larceny. McCall is accused of an incident at Nester Factory Outlet Store on Carter Street during the early morning hours that day, which involved the theft of cash and property damage. A window was broken to gain entry, with a cash register and an undisclosed sum of money stolen. The register was recovered, but received damage put at $300, with the window damage listed at $200.
McCall was encountered by police during a traffic stop on Park Drive at Grove Lane subsequent to the break-in investigation, and served with warrants filed in the case. He was confined in the Surry County Jail under a $5,000 secured bond and slated for an Aug. 28 appearance in District Court.
• Damage to property was reported last Friday, which involved a known suspect pouring sugar into the gas tank of a 2000 Lexus RX300 owned by Corey Dean Bryant of Simpson Mill Road. That incident, which caused damage put at $4,000, is listed as occurring in late 2016 at a residence on Spaugh Street, with no explanation given as to why it was not reported until last week.
• A second-degree trespassing violation was issued against Susan Leeanne Trent, 38, of 169 Cameron Lane, on June 13 in a parking lot at Northern Hospital of Surry County, where she was spotted by hospital security personnel after having been banned from NHSC property. Trent’s court date is July 13.
• Ronald Lee Gray Jr., 30, of Wilmington, was jailed under a $6,600 secured bond on June 12 after police investigated a suspicious vehicle at 1219 W. Lebanon St. Gray was found to be the subject of two outstanding orders for arrest for failing to appear in court in both New Hanover and Brunswick counties, which were issued in late May He also continually provided false information to police here, leading to a charge of resisting, obstructing or delaying a public officer. No court date was listed for Gray on arrest records.
• Donna Michelle Clark, 34, of 375 Dover Church Road, and Stephanie Marie Mendoza, 35, of 175 Indian Trail, were cited for larceny on June 10 at Walmart, where Mendoza allegedly took items valued at $58 and Clark, merchandise valued at $34. They are scheduled to appear in Surry District Court on Aug. 9.
(Note: An incident previously reported on Tuesday involving a concealment of merchandise violation against Tara Michelle McDaniel which was filed on Sunday actually occurred at Dollar General on Airport Road rather than Walmart as published earlier.)