• A Mount Airy woman was arrested Monday night on two felony charges, habitual larceny and possession of stolen goods/property, according to city police department reports. Kaylene Elizabeth Jessup, 26, of 1252 Old Highway 601, became the subject of a larceny investigation stemming from an incident earlier in the evening at the Sav-A-Lot grocery store on Carter Street., where she allegedly took Mountain Dew soft drinks and oranges.
Officers found Jessup in the woods off Woltz Street nearby and she was confined in the Surry County Jail under a $5,000 secured bond and slated for a July 10 appearance in District Court.
• In another case arising Monday, involving what normally would be a citation for misdemeanor larceny at Walmart, complications led to Amber Brittany Crews-Warden, 29, listed as homeless, being jailed under a $3,000 secured bond. After being detained at the store for the alleged theft of unspecified property, Crews-Warden “continuously pulled away” and gave officers false information, arrest records state.
She subsequently was found to be the subject of an outstanding warrant for arrest for failing to appear in court which had been filed on March 15, and in addition to larceny was charged with resisting, obstructing or delaying a public officer. Crews-Warden is scheduled to appear in Surry District Court on July 27.
• Ashley Marie Turner, 21, of Thomasville, was cited on a charge of larceny on June 16 at Walmart, where she allegedly stole men’s shirts, yoga shorts and other clothing, valued altogether at $33. Turner is to be in District Court on July 26.
• A driving while impaired violation was issued on June 15 against Tracy Lynn Gwyn, 36, of 223 Marshall St., after a traffic crash on South Street near Durham Street. Gwyn is scheduled to appear in District Court on Sept. 7.
• A Pepsi machine was discovered broken into on June 14 at 540 W. Independence Blvd., which caused damage put at $150.
• An unsecured 2017 Chrysler Pacifica van valued at $40,000 was discovered missing on June 13 from the Burgundy Road residence of Ivan Ray France, who had rented the vehicle from Enterprise. It was left with the keys inside. The van is red and was bearing Florida license tag number EVZY85.
• Kelly Layne Martin, 30, of 793 Pipers Gap Road, was cited on a larceny charge on June 2 at the Belk department store, where loss-prevention personnel stopped Martin after she allegedly stole unspecified items. Her court date is July 19.