• A vehicle was discovered stolen in Mount Airy Sunday, according to city police department reports. The white 2003 Lincoln LS, valued at $2,500 and owned by Absolute Autos on Edgewood Drive, was taken from a parking lot on Starlite Road.
• Also Sunday, property damage estimated at $600 was discovered at Veterans Memorial Park on West Lebanon Street, involving a post with a plaque.
• Jesse Owen Lieberman, 43, of 249 Rockford St., No. 3, was charged on March 22 with making a false report to a police station, for which details were not given. Lieberman is free on a $1,500 unsecured bond to be in Surry District Court on April 13.
• A dinosaur poster, described as a banner, was discovered stolen on March 21 from Mount Airy Museum of Regional History downtown. The property is valued at $75.
• A case of cruelty to animals was reported on March 20, involving someone striking and fatally injuring a dog at the home of owner Melissa Marie Hall on Surry Avenue.
• Amber Rose Spainhour, 29, listed as homeless, was arrested on charges of larceny of a motor vehicle, a felony, and misdemeanor larceny on March 19 after she was encountered at a Fancy Gap Road location and found to have been listed in the National Crime Information Center database for those charges. The offenses had been issued on Jan. 21 through the Surry County Sheriff’s Office. Spainhour was jailed under a $2,000 secured bond and slated for an April 25 appearance in District Court.
• Joshua Rhys Jones, 21, listed as homeless, was arrested on offenses of concealment of merchandise and resisting a public officer on March 15, in addition to an outstanding warrant for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. Jones is accused of concealing camping equipment valued at $175 at Walmart, which was recovered. He also allegedly gave officers a false name and date of birth, resulting in the resisting violation.
The motor vehicle charge had been filed in Forsyth County on March 1. Jones was confined in the Surry County Jail under a $1,000 secured bond and is scheduled to appear in District Court on May 4.
• Javier Ochoa, 18, of 195 Crutchfield Road, Dobson, was cited for larceny at Walmart on March 15, involving unspecified property for which $23 in restitution is owed. Ochoa is to be in Surry District Court on April 12.