DOBSON — A Mount Airy man’s home was hit with gunfire on Tuesday, according to a report made to the Surry County Sheriff’s Office.
Aaron Smith, of Fred Atkinson Lane, told authorities he was watching TV in bed when he heard shots, then the sound of a vehicle taking off.
He examined his residence, thinking he had heard one hit the house, and found what appeared to be a bullet hole in a gutter downspout.
The bullet did not make entry into the home.
The incident is under investigation with no suspects or witnesses at this time, said Lt. David Hamlin of the sheriff’s office.
• Sabrina May Charles, 36, of Dozier Lane, was arrested Jan. 14 and charged with felony conspiracy and conspiracy to break and enter a building to commit larceny. She was scheduled to appear in court Feb. 22 under a $5,000 secured bond.
• Christopher Lloyd Cox, 32, of Broad Street, Mount Airy, was arrested Jan. 13 and charged with felonious possession of stolen goods or property. He was scheduled to appear in court Feb. 21 under a $25,000 secured bond.
• On Jan. 13, Ryan Diaz, of Turkey Lane, Dobson, reported a breaking and entering occurred at his residence. Stolen items included a gaming console and handset, the value of which totaled $550. Damage to a glass door was valued at $150.
• Jeffery Holt reported Jan. 13 that someone carried off his $1,000 wood-splitter from his Miller Road property in Mount Airy.
• A washing machine belonging to William Dutton, of Lynnewood Drive, Mount Airy was reported stolen on Jan. 16. According to the report, the appliance was worth $200.
• Andrew Albert Gonzalez, 36, of Austin Traphill Road, Elkin, was arrested Jan. 12 and charged with possession of a firearm by a felon. He was scheduled to appear in court Feb. 2 under a $25,000 secured bond.
• On Jan. 15, Masasario Gonzalez, of King, reported his double axle utility trailer stolen from property on Venable Road in Ararat. The trailer, which was described as black in color, valued $1,500.