• The Goodwill store on Rockford Street was the scene of a theft last week involving a wallet, according to Mount Airy Police Department reports. The crime occurred last Tuesday while the crime victim, Victoria Ann Hodges of Holy Ground Way, Dobson, was inside the business. It included the loss of the black ladies wallet with pink polka dots along with an undisclosed sum of money, a Visa debit card issued by Wells Fargo, a Social Security card and other cards and miscellaneous keys.
• Kent Lee Brown, 27, of 231 Eleanor Ave., was arrested Wednesday at a Lovill Street location after someone called the police department and advised that he was wanted. Police learned of an outstanding warrant for Brown for failing to appear in court which had been issued on May 12. He allegedly attempted to flee on foot, but was caught and additionally charged with resisting a public officer. Brown was jailed under a $7,000 secured bond and was scheduled to be in Surry District Court Monday.
• Violations of concealment of merchandise and possession of drug paraphernalia were filed last Tuesday at Walmart against Brandy Jane Thomas, 32, of 1065 Vanka Drive, Pinnacle, after she allegedly was observed by a store employee concealing cell phone cases and other items valued at $137. During a routine search, a partially loaded syringe was located in her bra, according to police records. Restitution is owed in the case.
In connection with the same incident, James Brandon Odum, 34, of 473 Slate Road, is accused of concealing merchandise (a craft knife and pack of scissors valued at $17), simple possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance (one dosage unit of alprazolam) and possession of drug paraphernalia (a plastic straw). The drug-related items were found during a search of Odum’s person. He and Thomas are both scheduled to appear in District Court on Nov. 21 and have been banned from Walmart property.
• Dino Dennis Greene, 29, of 447 W. Pine St., was arrested last Tuesday on violations including possession of cocaine, a felony; possession of marijuana; and possession of drug paraphernalia after those substances turned up during a consent search of his residence in reference to a 911 hang-up call. Greene was confined in the Surry County Jail under a $5,000 secured bond and is scheduled to be in District Court on Nov. 29.
• A 12-pack of Lagunita beer, a 12-pack of Budweiser beer and a beer pong set were stolen from the Sheetz store last Tuesday by an unknown suspect. The items taken were valued at about $36 altogether.
• A violation of defrauding a drug/alcohol test was filed last Tuesday against Brandon Michael Foster, 32, of 249 Welch Road, through the N.C. Division of Community Corrections. Foster’s court date is Nov. 9.
• The larceny of a Westinghouse washer and dryer, both white in color with a total value of $800, was discovered on Oct. 3 at an apartment on Woodbriar Trail. The appliances were stolen by a known suspect, based on police records, which list Village Realty and Builders, LLC, of Siloam Road as the victim.