• Sheila Katheryn Lopez, 31, of 135 W. Lebanon St., No. 3, was arrested Thursday night on charges of resisting a public officer and communicating threats, according to Mount Airy Police Department reports. No details were listed regarding those violations, for which Lopez was confined in the Surry County Jail under a $1,500 secured bond. She is scheduled to appear in District Court on Sept. 22.
• Also Thursday night, Deborah Key Austin, 58, of 135 W. Lebanon St., No. 3, was served with a warrant for a charge of assault and battery, with Tabatha Lynn Freeman of Mount Airy listed as the complainant. Austin is free on a written promise to be in Surry District Court on Sept. 2.
• Adam Lee Dancy, 37, of North Wilkesboro, was arrested Tuesday on U.S. 601 near Forrest Drive on three counts each of larceny and possession of stolen property stemming from incidents at Walmart. Dancy was jailed under a $2,500 secured bond and slated for an Oct. 17 court appearance.
• Tyler Blake Daughenbaugh, 18, of 909 Hunter Drive, was arrested Monday on charges including assault, inflicting serious injury, a felony, stemming from a domestic dispute with Hannah Settle. After allegedly assaulting Settle, Daughenbaugh left and was located a short distance away from the scene of the incident, on Arch Street behind First Baptist Church.
He additionally was charged with two felony counts of possession of a Schedule II controlled substance and several misdemeanors: two counts of injury to personal property, simple possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Daughenbaugh was held in the Surry County Jail under a $32,000 secured bond, with an Oct. 19 court date set in the case.
• Diana Leigh Johnson, 30, of 126 Rawley Ave., was charged with larceny on July 14 after allegedly concealing jewelry items at Belk valued at $160 and leaving the business without paying. Johnson, who was detained by store employees, is scheduled to appear in Surry District Court on Aug. 24.