GREENSBORO — U.S. Rep. Mark Walker will continue to hold “mobile office” hours throughout the 6th Congressional District, including three locations in Surry County.
Walker’s staff will be available to speak with constituents at the Mount Airy Municipal Building from 10 a.m until noon on the first Thursday of each month. Members of the representative’s staff will also be available on the second Thursday of each month at the Surry County Government Center in Dobson from 10 a.m. until noon and at Elkin Town Hall from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m.
Walker maintains regular offices in Greensboro and Graham. However, he said the mobile offices give his staff important opportunities to meet face-to-face with constituents in other areas of the 6th District.
“In an effort to better represent the needs and interests of all 6th District constituents, my office will continue hosting monthly mobile office hours in 2016 to serve as an extension of my district offices in Greensboro and Graham,” said Walker. “A representative from my dedicated staff will be available to meet with constituents at eleven locations across the district to listen to their concerns and address any problems they may have with a federal department or agency.”
Walker added the mobile office effort wouldn’t be possible without the cooperation of many local officials.
“We deeply appreciate our municipal and county leaders for providing our office the spaces for this service,” Walker added.
Other mobile office hours throughout the district are as follows:
• At the Caswell County Historic Courthouse on the first Tuesday of each month from 10 a.m. until noon.
• At High Point City Hall on the fourth Tuesday of each month from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m.
• At Roxboro City Hall on the second Tuesday of each month from 10 a.m. until noon.
• At Madison-Mayodan Public Library on the second Tuesday of each month from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m.
• At Reidsville City Hall on the third Wednesday of each month from 10 a.m. until noon.
• At Eden City Hall on the third Wednesday of each month from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m.
• At King City Hall on the first Wednesday of each month from 10 a.m. until noon.
• At the Stokes County Government Center on the first Wednesday of each month from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m.
Walker’s regular district offices located at 219B West Elm Street in Graham and 809 Green Valley Road, Suite 104 in Greensboro are open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.