Submissions to the church calendar should be sent to email@example.com before 5 p.m. on Tuesday before the event should appear in the newspaper. Be sure to include the full name and address of the event; the time, day and date of the event; and a contact phone number in case our staff has any questions.
Upcoming Events, Special Service
• Flat Rock Baptist Church will have vacation Bible school with a kick off starting 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday activities will begin at 10 a.m. and end at 2 p.m. For more information please call 336-786-7661.
• First United Methodist Church will be having a port-a-pit chicken barbecue from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. The plates will cost $10 for (1/2 chicken, 2 sides (green beans and mashed potatoes) roll, and dessert. There will be drive through options. Proceeds will benefit Deborah and Greg Inman.
• Unity Church in Ararat, Virginia, will be having guest speaker Rev. Barry Clement at the 11 a.m. service.
• Three-time Christian Country Music Association Comedian of the Year Barry McGee, who is also a dramatist and musician, will be at Calvary Assembly of God in Mount Airy, ministering during the 10:45 a.m. worship service. The church is at 1536 West Devon Drive.
• Turkey Ford Baptist Church, 1476 Turkey Ford Road, will have vacation Bible school Sunday through Wednesday, from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. A light meal will be served each night at 6 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall behind the church. The Theme is “Game On”.
• Mountain View Pentecostal Holiness Church at 497 Hatchers Chapel Road in Claudville Virginia will be having their Rolling River Rampage vacation Bible school from 5:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. For more information please call Pastor Rev. Tony Goins at 336-469-8800 or Kim Goins at 336-469-8826.
• Blue Hollow Baptist Church will be having vacation Bible school with a kick-off on Sunday starting at 6 p.m. For more info please call 336-783-7641.
• Willow Hill Moravian Church, Ararat, Virginia will be having vacation Bible school July 15-20, from 6:30-8:30 p.m. each night. Dinner will be served each night. All are welcome.
Salem United Methodist Church at 2591 Wards Gap Road will be having a free community meal starting at 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. with hot dogs, baked beans, potato salad, and dessert
• The Gravely family will be having a family reunion at Woodland Baptist Church located at 331 Highland Drive starting at 12 p.m. For more information please call Katie Callahan 336-477-5001, Jimmy or Johnny Slate at 336-786-2905.
• Faith Tabernacle E.P Church at 559 South Franklin Road will be having their appreciation day from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. The event will be honoring Bishop Danny R. Gist with Evangelist Chris Cockerham preaching.
• Copeland Baptist Church at 169 Stony Knoll Road in Dobson will be having their vacation Bible school from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. with registration on Saturday between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.
• Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church will be having a singing event featuring Carson Peters and Iron Mountain starting at 6 p.m. For more information or directions please contact Arnold Griffith at 336-789-1517.
• Central UMC will be having vacation Bible school from 6 to 8 p.m. with the theme Jesus the kingdom builder.
• Haymore Baptist Church, 319 Rockford St., Mount Airy, will be having a support group for parents and/or families impacted by toxic stress, family conflict and/or domestic violence. On Tuesdays from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Meetings are held weekly and are free. For more information Contact: Erika Linares, Circle of Parents Coordinator at 336-386-9144.
• Saint Andrew Lutheran Church provides free meals every Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. on Main Street across from the post office.
• Pilot Peace Alanon Family Group meet on Tuesday at 7 p.m. at First Methodist Church in Pilot Mountain.
• Granite City Alanon Family Group meet on Sunday and Thursday at 8 p.m. at Central United Methodist Church.
• White Plains Friends Meeting, Old U.S. 601, will have its weekly AWANA program Wednesdays from 6 to 8 p.m. for children ages 2 through eighth grade. Dinner will be provided. For more information, call the church office and leave a message at 789-1671.
• Marantha will be providing free meals Friday nights at 512 W. Pine St., Mount Airy.
• Mount Airy Wesleyan Church has a prayer meeting open to the community on Thursdays at 10 a.m. in the fellowship hall. The primary purpose is to pray for the nation, state, county, churches and pastors.
• Antioch Baptist Church, 137 Antioch Ave., Mount Airy, is hosting free English classes on Wednesdays from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Childcare is provided during the class. For more information, call 789-2057 weekdays from 9 a.m. to noon or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• New MOMS (Mothers of Many Seasons) Ministry, open to area ladies and their children, meets the first and third Thursdays monthly from 9 to 11 a.m. at Salem Baptist Church, 430 Rockford Road, Dobson. For more information, contact email@example.com or 374-4419.
• Compassion Circle Outreach Ministry, a circle of friends offering love, hope, faithful-spiritual guidance from a Christian outlook, has meetings the third Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. at the L.H. Jones Family Resource Center, 214 Jones School Road, Mount Airy. For more information, call 336-406-5540. This group is sponsored by Caring Citizens of the Community.
• King’s Kids will have fun, learning scripture and crafts every Wednesday at 7 p.m. at Fellowship Baptist Church. There will be classes for all ages, children through adults. For more information, call the church at 374-3250.
• Reformers Unanimous Addiction Recovery program weekly sessions at Temple Baptist Church, 3615 Rockford St., Mount Airy. Anyone with an addiction, stubborn habit or hangup is encouraged to attend. Childcare is provided and refreshments will be served. Meetings will be held every Friday from 7 to 9 p.m. and there is no charge. For more information, call David McIntyre at 706-949-8451.
• The Pilot View UMC, 659 Pilot Church Road, Pinnacle, has a Bible meeting every Wednesday at 10 a.m.
• The Pilot View UMC, 659 Pilot Church Road, Pinnacle, has a fellowship meal every third Sunday of the month at 5:30 p.m.
• The First Baptist Church Feeding Friends Soup Kitchen provides a free hot meal to families and friends in need every Thursday from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. The church is between Elm and Galloway streets at 714 N. Main St. Parking is available behind First Baptist off Arch Street. The feeding friends dinner is served in the fellowship hall in the building closest to downtown, with signs available to guide visitors.
• Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15 p.m. radio station 880 am will have radio ministry with Pastor Danny Poindexter from the Lighthouse Baptist Church.
• The Fountain Food Ministry hours have changed. Families in need of clothing or food may come every Thursday from 1 to 3 p.m. The ministry will be open weekly on Thursdays to assist those in need of food. In case of an emergency at any other times, call the church office at 789-0400 for an appointment.
• Bible Study — Love in Action Ministries Community Bible study at the Fountain of Life Church, 154 Cornerstone Lane, Mount Airy, every Tuesday at 7 p.m. Sunday morning services at 10:30 a.m. in the Fountain of Life Family Resource Center with Pastor George Hiett. Call 336-407-4907 for more information.
• Imogene Baptist Church will hold a Community Meal every Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. Free to all. For more information, call 401-2010. Everyone is welcome to the “Church under the Crimson Roof.”
• Imogene Baptist Church will hold a Soup Kitchen Mondays through Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Free to all. For more information, call 401-2010.
• Redemption Gospel Mission, located on Westfield Road at the corner of Reeesmill Road, offers a free lunch daily from noon to 3 p.m. Services are given at 11 a.m. on Sundays, 5 p.m. on Sundays, and at 6 p.m. on Thursdays. Sunday School Services are given at 10 a.m. on Sundays. For more information, call Bro. Benny Faw at 429-8712.
• The Ararat Missionary Baptist Church, 211 Jones School Road, Mount Airy, will hold a service in the cafeteria of the Jones Family Resource Center at 11 a.m. on the first and the third Sunday of every month. For more information, call Edward McDaniels at 789-3172 or at 710-9742 (cell).
• St. Andrew Lutheran Church Truck Ministry provides a free bag supper to those in need each Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. in the parking lot across from the Mount Airy Post Office. Includes a sandwich, fruit, dessert, boiled egg, bottled water and at times, a cup of hot homemade soup.