Submissions to the church calendar should be sent to [email protected] before 5 p.m. on Tuesday before the event should appear in the newspaper. Be sure to include the full name and address of the event; the time, day and date of the event; and a contact phone number in case our staff has any questions.
Upcoming Events, Special Service
• Highland Park Baptist Church at 1327 Grove Lane will be having a pancake supper from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. All profits will go towards the Brotherhood Mission Project. Takeout available; adults $6, children $4 (12 and under).
• Mount Airy First Church of the Brethren, 161 Welch Road, Mount Airy, will be having a yard sale rain or shine beginning at 7 a.m. each day. Will be serving sausage biscuits, gravy ‘n’ biscuits for breakfast and hot dogs w/all the trimmings for lunch. Homemade desserts, drinks and lots of good deals. All proceeds go to “Heifer Project International.”
• The North Main Church of Christ, 2011 North Main St., Mount Airy, is answering one of the 10 most frequently asked questions submitted by people in the community on the third Sunday night of each month through October. The question for April 15 at 6 p.m. is, “Why do bad things happen to good persons?” A question-and-answer session will follow the presentation.
• Turkey Ford Baptist Church, 1476 Turkey Ford Road, will have a spring revival from Sunday, April 15, to Tuesday, April 17. Prayer room will be at 6:45 p.m. and the service will begin at 7:00 p.m. Rev. Tommy Martin of Shoals Baptist Church will be the speaker, and there will be special singing nightly.
• Mount Carmel Baptist will be having a series of revival meetings at 6:30 p.m. with a fellowship meal on Wednesday. Four speakers from local churches will be preaching.
• Shining Light Baptist Church 1056 Pipers Gap Road will be having a revival with Evangelist Bro. Leon Holyfield, Sunday from 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Monday-Friday starting at 7 p.m. With special singing each evening.
• Salem United Methodist Church, 2591 Wards Gap Road, Mount Airy, will be having a community meal from 5-6 p.m. Items on the menu will be: pulled pork, red slaw, pasta salad, baked beans, hush puppies, desserts and beverages. For more information, please call 276-251-8128.
• Salem Baptist Church, 430 Rockford Road, Dobson, will be having an event called Letting Go starting at 7 p.m. each night. For more information please call 336-374-4419.
• Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church, 922 Banner St., Mount Airy, will be having a Ladies Conference with speaker, Jennifer Thoppil, “Discover Where You Stand,” From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost is $8/person for catered lunch due by Wednesday, April 11. Contact Tanya Benfield 336-874-2404 for more information.
• Copeland Baptist Church will be having a Port-A-Pit Chicken event from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. with a drive-through. Price will be $9 and all proceed go towards church projects.
Feb. 5 through April 30
• Griefshare program will start Monday, from 6:30-8 p.m. Meeting will be held at Calvary Baptist Church Chapel, 314 South Franklin Road, Mount Airy. No fee for classes. For more information please call church office at (336) 786-4778.
• Union Hill Church, 2315 Red Brush Road, will be having a Market and Craft Fair from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Food will be available and all proceeds go towards the Union Hill Youth Program.
• Jefferson Christian Church, 8200 Jefferson Church Road, Rural Hall, will be having an event with Priscilla Shirer Simulcast Worship with Anthony Evans. From 8:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The cost is $20 per person lunch is included. Registration deadline is April 7th. For information and to register contact Jefferson Church at 336-969-2341.
• Turkey Ford Baptist Church, 1476 Turkey Ford Road, will have a yard sale giveaway, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the church Fellowship Hall, in participation with Operation Inasmuch.
• Welcome Baptist Church will be having a bingo night at North Surry High School. Doors open at 5 p.m. Bingo starts at 6 p.m. Lots of prizes, food and a silent auction will also be a part of the evening. All proceeds go toward raising money to build restroom facilities for members and visitors who cannot go downstairs to use the restroom. Event will have more than 100 door prizes to give away.
• Haymore Baptist Church, 319 Rockford St., Mount Airy, will be having a support group for parents and/or families impacted by toxic stress, family conflict and/or domestic violence. On Tuesdays from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Meetings are held weekly and are free. For more information Contact: Erika Linares, Circle of Parents Coordinator at 336-386-9144.
• Saint Andrew Lutheran Church provides free meals every Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. on Main Street across from the post office.
• Awana returns to Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church, 922 Banner St., on Wednesday evenings from 6:45 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. Study God’s word and learn Bible verses. Van will run at 6:15 p.m. each evening. Leave a message at the church to arrange transportation. 336-789-5395. Groups range from 2-18 years of age.
• Pilot Peace Alanon Family Group meet on Tuesday at 7 p.m. at First Methodist Church in Pilot Mountain.
• Granite City Alanon Family Group meet on Sunday and Thursday at 8 p.m. at Central United Methodist Church.
• White Plains Friends Meeting, Old U.S. 601, will have its weekly Awana program Wednesdays from 6 to 8 p.m. for children ages 2 through eighth grade. Dinner will be provided. For more information, call the church office and leave a message at 789-1671.
• Marantha will be providing free meals Friday nights at 512 W. Pine St., Mount Airy.
• Mount Airy Wesleyan Church has a prayer meeting open to the community on Thursdays at 10 a.m. in the fellowship hall. The primary purpose is to pray for the nation, state, county, churches and pastors.
• Antioch Baptist Church, 137 Antioch Ave., Mount Airy, is hosting free English classes on Wednesdays from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Childcare is provided during the class. For more information, call 789-2057 weekdays from 9 a.m. to noon or email [email protected]
• The Lions Den Christian Coffeehouse, 162A W. Pine St., is a donations-only coffeehouse open Tuesday through Friday from 4 to 8 or 9 p.m. The location offers WiFi connection, and contemporary Christian bands on Fridays when available. Also it is the home of Safehouse Ministries meetings Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. and Sundays at 10 a.m. For more information, call the Rev. Gary Gossett at 710-7075.
• New MOMS (Mothers of Many Seasons) Ministry, open to area ladies and their children, meets the first and third Thursdays monthly from 9 to 11 a.m. at Salem Baptist Church, 430 Rockford Road, Dobson. For more information, contact [email protected] or 374-4419.
• Compassion Circle Outreach Ministry, a circle of friends offering love, hope, faithful-spiritual guidance from a Christian outlook, has meetings the third Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. at the L.H. Jones Family Resource Center, 214 Jones School Road, Mount Airy. For more information, call 336-406-5540. This group is sponsored by Caring Citizens of the Community.
• King’s Kids will have fun, learning scripture and crafts every Wednesday at 7 p.m. at Fellowship Baptist Church. There will be classes for all ages, children through adults. For more information, call the church at 374-3250.
• Reformers Unanimous Addiction Recovery program weekly sessions at Temple Baptist Church, 3615 Rockford St., Mount Airy. Anyone with an addiction, stubborn habit or hangup is encouraged to attend. Childcare is provided and refreshments will be served. Meetings will be held every Friday from 7 to 9 p.m. and there is no charge. For more information, call David McIntyre at 706-949-8451.
• The Pilot View UMC, 659 Pilot Church Road, Pinnacle, has a Bible meeting every Wednesday at 10 a.m.
• The Pilot View UMC, 659 Pilot Church Road, Pinnacle, has a fellowship meal every third Sunday of the month at 5:30 p.m.
• The First Baptist Church Feeding Friends Soup Kitchen provides a free hot meal to families and friends in need every Thursday from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. The church is between Elm and Galloway streets at 714 N. Main St. Parking is available behind First Baptist off Arch Street. The feeding friends dinner is served in the fellowship hall in the building closest to downtown, with signs available to guide visitors.
• Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15 p.m. radio station 880 am will have radio ministry with Pastor Danny Poindexter from the Lighthouse Baptist Church.
• The Fountain Food Ministry hours have changed. Families in need of clothing or food may come every Thursday from 1 to 3 p.m. The ministry will be open weekly on Thursdays to assist those in need of food. In case of an emergency at any other times, call the church office at 789-0400 for an appointment.
• Bible Study — Love in Action Ministries Community Bible study at the Fountain of Life Church, 154 Cornerstone Lane, Mount Airy, every Tuesday at 7 p.m. Sunday morning services at 10:30 a.m. in the Fountain of Life Family Resource Center with Pastor George Hiett. Call 336-407-4907 for more information.
• Imogene Baptist Church will hold a Community Meal every Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. Free to all. For more information, call 401-2010. Everyone is welcome to the “Church under the Crimson Roof.”
• Imogene Baptist Church will hold a Soup Kitchen Mondays through Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Free to all. For more information, call 401-2010.
• Redemption Gospel Mission, located on Westfield Road at the corner of Reeesmill Road, offers a free lunch daily from noon to 3 p.m. Services are given at 11 a.m. on Sundays, 5 p.m. on Sundays, and at 6 p.m. on Thursdays. Sunday School Services are given at 10 a.m. on Sundays. For more information, call Bro. Benny Faw at 429-8712.
• The Ararat Missionary Baptist Church, 211 Jones School Road, Mount Airy, will hold a service in the cafeteria of the Jones Family Resource Center at 11 a.m. on the first and the third Sunday of every month. For more information, call Edward McDaniels at 789-3172 or at 710-9742 (cell).
• St. Andrew Lutheran Church Truck Ministry provides a free bag supper to those in need each Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. in the parking lot across from the Mount Airy Post Office. Includes a sandwich, fruit, dessert, boiled egg, bottled water and at times, a cup of hot homemade soup.