Submissions to the church calendar should be sent to [email protected] before 5 p.m. on Tuesday before the event should appear in the newspaper. Be sure to include the full name and address of the event; the time, day and date of the event; and a contact phone number in case our staff has any questions.
Upcoming Events, Special Service
• Salem United Methodist Church, 2591 Wards Gap Road, Mount Airy, is having a Talent Show Saturday, March 5 at 6:30 p.m. Refreshments will be served. Donations only. Proceeds go to Men’s Group project.
• Flat Rock Pentecostal Holiness Church is having a huge indoor Church Yard Sale and Bake Sale on March 5 from 7 a.m. until 2 p.m. Breakfast: sausage biscuits. Lunch: BBQ and hot dog. Baked goods and many, many items for sale. proceeds for youth of church.
• Pilot Peace Alanon Family Group meet on Tuesday at 7 p.m. at First Methodist Church in Pilot Mountain.
• Granite City Alanon Family Group meet on Sunday and Thursday at 8 p.m. at Central United Methodist Church.
• Central United Methodist Church and the Mission and Outreach committee sponsors a Christian support group for sufferers of chronic disease, such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, lupus, fibromyalgia and other auto-immune diseases on the third Wednesday of each month from 2-3 p.m. Meeting is in the church library at 1909 N. Main St., Mount Airy. There will be guest speakers and at times, light exercise. Find therapeutic benefit from sharing with others. Everything shared at the support group is confidential.
• White Plains Friends Meeting, Old Highway 601, will have its weekly AWANA program Wednesdays from 6 to 8 p.m. for children ages 2 through eighth grade. Dinner will be provided. For more information, call the church office and leave a message at 789-1671.
• The GAP Storehouse has opened on Hodges Mill Road, Dobson, offering new and used items for sale. It is open by appointment Wednesday through Saturday by calling Pastor K. Dobson at 648-1951. All proceeds will benefit the GAP church building fund. Donations and contributions are welcome.
• Marantha will be providing free meals Friday nights at 512 W. Pine St., Mount Airy.
• Mount Airy Wesleyan Church has a prayer meeting open to the community on Thursdays at 10 a.m. in the fellowship hall. The primary purpose is to pray for the nation, state, county, churches and pastors.
• Antioch Baptist Church, 137 Antioch Ave., Mount Airy, is hosting free English classes on Wednesdays from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Childcare is provided during the class. For more information, call 789-2057 weekdays from 9 a.m. to noon or email [email protected]
• The Lions Den Christian Coffeehouse, 162A W. Pine St., is a donations-only coffeehouse open Tuesday through Friday from 4 to 8 or 9 p.m. The location offers wifi connection, and contemporary Christian bands on Fridays when available. Also it is the home of Safehouse Ministries meetings Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. and Sundays at 10 a.m. For more information, call the Rev. Gary Gossett at 710-7075.
• New MOMS (Mothers of Many Seasons) Ministry, open to area ladies and their children, meets the first and third Thursdays monthly from 9 to 11 a.m. at Salem Baptist Church, 430 Rockford Road, Dobson. For more information, contact [email protected] or 374-4419.
• Compassion Circle Outreach Ministry, a circle of friends offering love, hope, faithful-spiritual guidance from a Christian outlook, has meetings the third Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. at the L.H. Jones Family Resource Center, 214 Jones School Road, Mount Airy. For more information, call 786-1455. This group is sponsored by Caring Citizens of the Community.
• King’s Kids will have fun, learning scripture and crafts every Wednesday at 7 p.m. at Fellowship Baptist Church. There will be classes for all ages, children through adults. For more information, call the church at 374-3250.
• Reformers Unanimous Addiction Recovery program will begin weekly sessions at Temple Baptist Church, 3615 Rockford St., Mount Airy. Anyone with an addiction, stubborn habit or hangup is encouraged to attend. Childcare is provided and refreshments will be served. Meetings will be held every Friday from 7 to 9 p.m. and there is no charge. For more information, call John Pulliam at 336-926-2293.
• The Pilot View UMC at 659 Pilot Church Road in Pinnacle has a Bible meeting every Wednesday at 10 a.m.
• The Pilot View UMC at 659 Pilot Church Road in Pinnacle has a fellowship meal every third Sunday of the month at 5:30 p.m.
• The First Baptist Church Feeding Friends Soup Kitchen provides a free hot meal to families and friends in need every Thursday from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. The church is between Elm and Galloway streets at 714 N. Main St. Parking is available behind First Baptist off Arch Street. The feeding friends dinner is served in the fellowship hall in the building closest to downtown, with signs available to guide visitors.
• Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15 p.m. radio station 880 am will have radio ministry with Pastor Danny Poindexter from the Lighthouse Baptist Church.
• The Fountain Food Ministry hours have changed. Families in need of clothing or food may come every Thursday from 1 to 3 p.m. The ministry will be open weekly on Thursdays to assist those in need of food. In case of an emergency at any other times, call the church office at 789-0400 for an appointment.
• Bible Study — Love in Action Ministries Community Bible study at the Fountain of Life Church, 154 Cornerstone Lane, Mount Airy, every Tuesday at 7 p.m. Sunday morning services at 10:30 a.m. in the Fountain of Life Family Resource Center with Pastor George Hiett. Call 336-407-4907 for more information.
• Imogene Baptist Church will hold a Community Meal every Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. Free to all. For more information, call 401-2010. Everyone is welcome to the “Church under the Crimson Roof.”
• Imogene Baptist Church will hold a Soup Kitchen Mondays through Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Free to all. For more information, call 401-2010.
•Redemption Gospel Mission, located on Westfield Road at the corner of Reeesmill Road, offers a free lunch daily from noon to 3 p.m. Services are given at 11 a.m. on Sundays, 5 p.m. on Sundays, and at 6 p.m. on Thursdays. Sunday School Services are given at 10 a.m. on Sundays. For more information, call Bro. Benny Faw at 429-8712.
• The Ararat Missionary Baptist Church, 211 Jones School Road, in Mount Airy will hold a service in the cafeteria of the Jones Family Resource Center at 11 a.m. on the first and the third Sunday of every month. For more information, call Edward McDaniels at 789-3172 or at 710-9742 (cell).
• St. Andrew Lutheran Church Truck Ministry provides a free bag supper to those in need each Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. in the parking lot across from the Mount Airy post Office. Includes a sandwich, fruit, dessert, boiled egg, bottled water and at times, a cup of hot homemade soup.