In recording deeds, the state of North Carolina does not require that the amount paid for a parcel be stated on the deed. However, a tax stamp at the rate of $2 per $1,000 valuation, or fraction thereof, is affixed to each deed.
• June Martin, Kay Williford, Lavon and Donald Thompson, and Ashburn Atkinson, to Johnson Family Farm, LLC. 155 acres in Franklin. $1,353.
• Teresa A. Smallwood of Mount Airy, to Phillip Spaulding of Willow Springs. 2.5 acres in Eldora. $66.
• Juanita Tate of Pfafftown, to Timothy Hold of Siloam. 7.75 acres in Shoals. $50.
• Neal H. Guffey Jr., to Silkworm Properties LLC, of Pawley’s Island, S.C. 68.6 acres in Siloam. $671.
• Joseph F. and Betty S. Riddle of Ararat, to Michael L. and Sheila R. Creed of Ararat. 1.9 acres in Rockford. $30.