The following incidents are being investigated by the Surry County Sheriff’s Office:
• On Sept. 28, Arnold Edward Moser, 70, of Airview Drive in Mount Airy, reported the theft of a newspaper. The stolen item was valued at $1.
• On Sept. 28, Virgil William Matthews, 81, of Chester Road in Winston-Salem, reported that someone attempted to steal a piece of equipment from his property in the Siloam community.
• On Sept. 28, Larry Grey Parsons, 67, of Devotion Road in Thurmond, reported the breaking and entering of a motor vehicle and the theft of a .38 caliber revolver.
• On Sept. 28, James Ceaph Gravely, 60, of Hickory Point Lane in Mount Airy, reported that someone poured an unknown substance into the fuel tank of his 1995 Chrysler. The damage was valued at $200.
• On Sept. 28, Roger Dale Christian, 44, of Baxter Drive in Statesville, reported that someone broke into his home. No items were listed as missing.
• On Sept. 29, Pamela Jessup Davis, 51, of Sunnybrook Lane in Mount Airy, reported the theft of a Polaris four-wheeler valued at $3,995.
• On Sept. 30, Estelle Wall Whitaker, 86, of Poppy Field Lane in Elkin, reported the theft of jewelry valued at $3,000 from a china cabinet in her home.
• On Sept. 30, Chad Allen Jenkins, 35, of River End Lane in Dobson, reported the theft of electronic equipment from his 1994 Toyota. The property was valued at $225.