• A Mount Airy man has been arrested on multiple break-in and larceny charges stemming from a recent incident at the city government’s public services center on East Pine Street. Christopher Dennis Moore, 28, of 227 Rockford St., is accused of two felonies, larceny after breaking/entering and breaking or entering a motor vehicle, along with two misdemeanor violations of larceny and breaking and entering, according to Mount Airy Police Department reports.
The charges stem from a detective-division investigation of a crime discovered on Sept. 17 at the public services center, where both the building and a vehicle were entered. A long list of tools and supplies, including copper items, were stolen, with their total value put at $3,066. Moore, who was arrested late Wednesday, was ordered held in the Surry County Jail under a $15,000 secured bond and is to appear in District Court on Nov. 6.
• Larceny-related violations were filed against a Mount Airy couple Thursday at Walmart. Michael Lee Goins Jr., 24, and Ashley Luann Goins, 25, of 696 Maple St., are accused of larceny and concealment of merchandise, respectively. He is alleged to have taken a UNC magnet, UNC key chain, two UNC shot glasses and two bags of candy, valued altogether at $18, while she allegedly concealed DVDs and various clothing items, for which no value was listed. Ashley Luann Goins is further accused of misdemeanor possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance (alprozalam). The Goinses are slated for an Oct. 16 court appearance.
• A larceny was reported Thursday at the Lowe’s hardware store, where an LG touchscreen cell phone valued at $200, owned by Savanna Bowman Harris of Ashley Drive in Dobson, was removed while unattended.
• A case involving burglary and larceny occurred Wednesday at the home of Chuck Hawks in the 900-block of Willow Street. The unsecured residence was entered at night by someone who attempted to steal computer equipment. Damage of $700 was reported to a Dell computer monitor, wireless router and web camera.
• Headlines Salon on West Lebanon Street was the scene of a break-in discovered Wednesday, which involved $350 in damage to a door exterior to gain entry and the theft of $25 in cash.
• Dennis Dwain Angel Jr., 25, of 647 Turner Mountain Road, is facing misdemeanor offenses of larceny and possession of stolen goods which were filed in connection with an incident Wednesday at Walmart, for which no other details were listed. Angel is to be in Surry District Court on Nov. 6.
• Violations of larceny and possession of drug paraphernalia were issued Monday against Stacey Lee Phillips, 29, of 7247 W. Pine St., Lowgap, after an incident at the Lowe’s hardware store. Phillips allegedly was seen stealing a Kobalt impact drill and Kobalt battery pack with a total value of $150. Those items were recovered when she was detained, with a clonazepam pill and paraphernalia found during a consent search of Simmons’ purse, police records show. She is free on a $2,500 unsecured bond and is scheduled for a Dec. 13 District Court appearance.