Cross Creek Country Club has lined up several fall sports clinics over the coming weeks.
The country club has three golf clinics lined up for Thursday afternoons and five tennis sessions on Wednesday evenings.
These events are open to non-members. Those interested can attend all the clinics or just the ones that impact their individual games.
The cost is $25 for the one-hour golf clinics or $60 for all three sessions.
For tennis, the fee is $15 for one or $60 for all five.
The Thursday clinics start at 3:30 p.m.
• Oct. 11 — Taming The Tee Box — Tee box strategies, mental toughness, difference between playing the driver and “off the deck” clubs.
• Oct. 18 — Short Stuff — Difference between chip and pitch shots and when to play each, chipping technique, pitching technique, bunker play, flop shots and short game strategies.
• Oct. 25 — Rolling The Rock — How to read the greens like a tour player while speeding up your group at the same time. The importance of proper fitting. Sightline configuration, eye positioning and speed control.
The Wednesday clinics start at 6:30 p.m. and are open to both adult and junior players.
• Sept. 18 — The Serve — The most important stroke of the game, but the most difficult to learn. Get help with the proper grip and motion or just managing the “granny grip” serve.
• Sept. 25 — Forehands — The stroke that should be the foundation of your ground strokes. Get help with the three elements that make-up a good forehand.
• Oct. 2 — Backhands — Whether you are a one-hander or two, let’s iron out the problems.
• Oct. 9 — Net Game — This part of the game separates the good players from the not-so-good players. The clinic will work on approach shots, volleys and overheads.
• Oct. 16 — Footwork — The proper movement and set-up is a must, the class will also look at sliding on the clay.
Call 789-5131 to sign up or for more information.