The Surry County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests last week:
• On Aug. 6, Jeffrey William Lawson, 40, of Westbridge Place in Mount Airy, was arrested and charged with obtaining property by false pretenses and misdemeanor larceny.
• On Aug. 5, Randy Dean Hawks, 32, of Watershed Road in Lowgap, was arrested and charged with the felonious possession of a stolen motor vehicle. He was confined in the Surry County Jail under a $5,000 bond.
• On Aug. 9, Regina McCrary Sumner, 51, of White Pines Country Club Road in Mount Airy, was arrested and charged with burning personal property, damaging a computer and injury to personal property. She was confined in the Surry County jail on a $5,000 bond.
The following incidents are under investigation by the Surry County Sheriff’s Office:
• On Aug. 4, Elizabeth Lynn Arrington, 66, of Old Westfield Road in Westfield, reported the theft of a wooden church pew from her porch. The pew had a listed value of $300.
• On Aug. 3, Linda Jay Terry, 63, of Toronja Way in Sacramento, Calif., reported the theft of an air conditioning unit from property she owns on East Pine Street. The unit was valued at $3,500.
• On Aug. 3, Louise Harold Marsh, 69, of Lynda Street in Mount Airy, reported the theft of a 1999 Nissan Altima valued at $1,500.
• On Aug. 3, Betsy Hiatt Davis, 59, of Westfield Road in Mount Airy, reported the attempted breaking and entering of her property and damage to her door. The damage was valued at $50.
• On Aug. 3, June Owens Hall, 67, of Prince Avenue in State Road, reported the breaking and entering of her property and the theft of a lawn mower, vacuum cleaner, sewing machine and other items. The items taken had a listed value of $200.
• On Aug. 2, Terry William Sechrist, 45, of Country Meadow Lane in Mount Airy, reported the theft of a 2001 black Nissan Sentra. The automobile was valued at $1,000.