Here is a list of summer camps.
• June 15-18, the Mount Airy Lady Bears basketball camp will run from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. for girls between grades 3-9.
The $85 fee includes a camp T-shirt. See head coach Howard Mayo for information about a family discount.
Registration forms can be returned to Mount Airy High School or mailed to the school, attention Howard Mayo, at 1011 N. South Street Mount Airy, NC 27030.
• June 15-Aug. 14, Cross Creek Country Club will hold summer tennis clinics. Clinics will be available for Quick-Start Beginners (age 6-10), Quick-Start Advanced (10 & older), Advanced (Middle School & Above) and High School. Call Mike McHone at 786-9535 or 710-1437 to sign up for the clinics.
Private lessons are also available with McHone at 786-9535 or Davi Barbour (401-6593). Hitting partners are available — Marlee Wilmoth at 467-7032 or Luke Graham at 669-4561.
• June 15 is the start of the annual East Coast Basketball Camps held at West Stokes. The developmental camp is June 15-18, the day camp is June 22-25 and the shooting camp is June 29-July 2.
West Stokes basketball coach Dan Spainhour leads the camps for rising third through 10th grade boys and girls. Tuition is $150 per session. Register online or print a brochure at www.eastcoastbasketballcamps.com. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 983-2099.
• June 15-18, East Wilkes hosts the Blue Ridge Basketball School, open to rising third- to ninth-grade boys and girls.
The camp runs from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day. The fee is $100 and includes a camp T-shirt. For more information, see the website at www.blueridgebasketball.com or reach Coach Brad Davis at email@example.com and 336-374-6656.
• June 19, Starmount High and Lees McRae will hold a one-day basketball camp. Steve Hardin, head coach of the Lees-McRae men’s basketball team, leads the camp from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Starmount for kids in rising seventh to rising 12th grades.
The cost of the camp is $40 and includes a LMC basketball T-shirt. For more information, go to http://yadkinbball.com.
• June 22-25 is the Northwest Basketball Academy at Mount Airy, led by boys coach Levi Goins.
The camp is open to all boys from rising 3rd to rising ninth graders and will run from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. each day. The cost of the camp is $100 and pre-registration is available by contacting Coach Goins at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 789-5147. Brochures are available at the front desk of Mount Airy and the lobby of Reeves Community Center.
• June 22-25, North Surry will hold its boys basketball camp. The camp runs from 9 a.m. to noon each day and the cost is $60.
• June 22-25, the Surry Knights’ All Skills Volleyball Camp will be held at SCC.
All boys and girls ages 6-16 may attend. All sessions will be held in the college gym. Each camper will be placed according to age and/or ability. Camp registrations will begin at 8:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. The first session will last from 9 a.m. until noon and the second session will begin at 1 p.m. and end at 4 p.m.
Cost for each individual will be $40 and includes a clinic T-shirt. Families registering two or more participants from the same immediate family will be $30 per camper. For more information about registration, call Surry volleyball coach Jan Marion-Kiser at 386-3593.
• June 29-July 2, East Surry hosts its boys and girls soccer camp for rising third through eighth grade at the East Surry High School baseball outfield. The cost is $25. For more information contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• July 6-8, Lady Bears volleyball camp, 9 a.m. to noon.
Head coach Chuck Morris, assistant coach Amy Balthis and past and present Bear players will lead instruction in the school gym. The early-bird cost of the camp is $50 if paid by June 25 (and guarantees the child gets a T-shirt) or $60 thereafter.
Sign-up forms can be picked up at the high school or at Mount Airy Middle School, Jones Elementary and Reeves Community Center.
• July 6-9, Surry Central hosts its Eagles Nest Basketball Camp for boys and girls in the rising third to ninth grades.
June 20 is the deadline for the early-bird discount of $95. After that, the price is $110, which includes a camp T-shirt and a Surry Central basketball.
The camp runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and will include both head coaches, Ken Eiswald and Mandy Holt, as well as their staffs and Central Middle School’s coaches.
The concession stand will be open for purchases, including pizza at lunch time.
• July 6-9, North Surry will host the Lady Greyhound Summer Camps for rising fifth to ninth graders. The volleyball camp will be from 9 a.m. to noon and the basketball camp will be from 1:30-4:30 p.m. each day.
The cost is $50 for each camp or $90 for both sessions. Pre-registration ends June 25. Registration forms are available in the front office at North Surry, Gentry and Meadowview.
For more information contact coach Shane Slate at 789-5055 or at email@example.com.
• July 13-15, East Surry hosts its girls and boys basketball camp for rising third through eighth grade girls and boys. The cost is $75 and includes a T-shirt. Camp brochures are available at the front office at East Surry High School.
• July 13-16, Mount Airy will host the Mount Airy Young Bears Soccer Camp for boys and girls ages 8-12. The camp runs from 8:30 a.m. to noon and will include Mount Airy coach Will Hurley, assistant coach Holden Hurley, and members of the varsity Mount Airy soccer team.
For more information, call coach Hurley at 910-723-7759. Cost is $60 if paid by June 22, and $70 after that.
• July 18, East Surry will host the Cardinal Softball Camp for rising third through eighth graders at Palmer Field. The cost is $25.
• July 27-28, East Surry will host the Gage Edwards Youth Footbal Camp for rising third through eighth graders. The camp will run from 8:30 a.m. to noon. and the cost is $20. Camp brochures are available at East Surry High School.
• July 27-29, East Surry hosts its volleyball camp for rising first through eighth graders. The cost is $45 if registered before July 17. The camp will run from 8 a.m. to noon each day and includes a T-shirt.