Mount Airy soccer, East Surry basketball and Surry Central volleyball all held summer camps this week.
With high school sports starting back up Aug. 1, the summer camp season is winding down. Here is a list of what is left this month.
• Saturday, East Surry will host the Cardinal Softball Camp for rising third- through eighth-graders at Palmer Field. The cost is $25.
• July 27-28, East Surry will host the Gage Edwards Youth Football Camp for rising third- through eighth-graders. The camp will run from 8:30 a.m. to noon. and the cost is $20. Camp brochures are available at East Surry High School.
• July 27-29, East Surry hosts its volleyball camp for rising first- through eighth-graders. The cost is $45 if registered before next Friday. The camp will run from 8 a.m. to noon each day and includes a T-shirt.
• July 27-29, North Surry will hold its sixth-annual football camp, 9-11 a.m. each day. The $30 cost includes a T-shirt and a drink each day. For more information, contact Danny Lyons at 336-830-5905.
• July 27-28, the Lady Bears/Cross Creek golf clinic will be held from 9-11 a.m. both days at the country club.
For girls ages 9-18, the golf clinic is just $15.
Maggie McCormick, an LPGA teaching professional, and club pro Brad Edwards will lead the instruction along with members of the Cross Creek Ladies Golf Association and the Mount Airy players.
Bear coach Tommye Phillips said the two-day clinic will include instruction on basic golf fundamentals, course management, rules and etiquette. For more information, contact Coach Phillips at 786-5366 and email@example.com.