Officers with the Surry County Sheriff’s Office report the following arrests:
• On Nov. 5, Joseph Roland Nagy, 48, of Conrad Shumate Road in Elkin, was arrested and charged with being a fugitive from justice in Ohio for child neglect. He was booked into the Surry County Jail under a $25,000 bond.
• On Nov. 6, Paul Vincent Callas, 46, of Radar Road in Ararat, was arrested and charged with three counts of failure to appear on a breaking and entering charge, one count of felonious probation violation, being a habitual felon and larceny. He was booked into the Surry County Jail under a $550,500 bond.
The following incidents are under investigation by the Surry County Sheriff’s Office:
• On Nov. 2, employees of U.S. Cellular, of Sterling Road in Roanoke, Va., reported the theft of nine buss bars from a tower located on A.Z. Phillips Road in Dobson. The items taken were valued at $15,000.
• On Nov. 3, Monica Michelle Freeman, 37, of N. Old 52 in Pinnacle, reported the theft of a 2000 Toyota Tundra. The vehicle was valued at $7,000.
• On Nov. 3, Olivia Fuentes-Morales, 54, of Klondike Road in State Road, reported that someone broke into her home and stole various jewelry valued at more than $15,000.
• On Nov. 3, Mary Fields Haynes, 91, of Hemlock Street in Lowgap, reported that someone that someone had damaged her property. No further details are available.
• On Nov. 4, Tonia Annette Bowman, 43, of Southview Street in Mount Airy, reported that someone cut the tires on her vehicle. The damage was valued at $600.
• On Nov. 4, Katlyn Ashley Anthony, 22, of Ramey Creek Road in Lowgap, reported the theft of a CD case from her home. The items taken were valued at $230.
• On Nov. 4, Jack Allen Cox, 58, of Westfield Road in Mount Airy, reported the theft of a license plate. The plate was valued at $28.