But it doesn’t have to be that way. Dr. Michael Zemel, creator of the NuShape Brand all-natural weight-loss supplement, says that simple lifestyle changes are the key to losing weight and keeping it off.
"People put too much pressure on themselves to change everything in their diets, which sets them up for failure," says Zemel. His advice? Set your sights on making several small dietary and lifestyle changes, and you'll lose weight without making major sacrifices.
NuShape works with the body to turn 15 minutes of moderate exercise into 60 minutes of fat burning. It is an all-natural, clinically demonstrated supplement containing leucine and vitamin B6. Leucine is found in protein-rich foods, like eggs, meat, poultry, dairy and legumes. But food cannot give you the amount of leucine needed to burn fat, according to Zemel. When combined with 15 minutes of exercise a day, NuShape’s unique blend helps the body burn an extra 300 calories for sustainable weight loss without any side effects.
He offers these six easy diet and exercise tips:
1. Choose a parking spot away from the mall entrance – Get a little exercise before you start shopping by choosing a parking space away from the mall entrance. Even walking just 15 minutes at a time can improve your health, both physically and mentally. Visit www.myNuCoach.com for more 15-minute exercise ideas.
2. Say no to the elevator, when possible – Whether you are at work or the mall, choose the stairs instead of elevators or escalators. Remember, it doesn’t have to be all or nothing. If you have to go up to the eighth floor, consider taking one flight of stairs up and then pressing the elevator button.
3. Bring your workout indoors – During the winter, sometimes it’s hard getting outdoors. Squats, leg lifts, and walking lunges are great exercises to do indoors. For weight training, use 10-pound dumbbells for bicep curls or tricep extensions, using a chair for support.
4. Just add water – Drinking fruit juice is an easy way to chug down calories. But if you love the fruity taste, cut down your serving by mixing half the amount of juice with an equal amount of water – and say goodbye to 85 calories.
5. Downsize, don't super-size, fast food meals – Opt for a small order of fries instead of a large one with your fast-food meal (savings: over 300 calories) Another portion-control trick: Instead of placing serving bowls of food in the middle of the family dinner table, measure individual portions in the kitchen.
How easy is it to cut back 100 calories on a daily basis? One hundred calories equals:
* 1 cup of regular soda
* 1 tablespoon of butter
* 1 ounce of cheese
6. Reward yourself for small changes – Most diets fail because people set high expectations and when they don’t achieve their goals, they feel defeated. However, losing any amount of weight is good, even if you don’t meet your goal at first. “Small successes are what you’re looking for,” says Zemel. Reward yourself with something that makes sense to you, such as a new dress or pair of jeans you’ve wanted to get into.
Losing weight doesn’t have to be an uphill battle. Small, simple changes can produce the biggest results.
To learn more about NuShape, the all-natural weight-loss supplement, visit www.NuShape.com.