The following incidents are being investigated by the Surry County Sheriff’s Office:
• On March 1, employees at the Bank of America on Westfield Road in Mount Airy reported that someone entered the business from the basement and stole an air conditioning unit valued at $8,000.
• On March 1, Samantha Dawn Hazelwood, 18, of Highland Drive in Mount Airy, reported the theft of a red-nosed Pit Bull. The dog was valued at $300.
• On March 1, Jonathan Terry Hill, 42, of Hidden Spring Trail in Ararat, reported that someone damaged a vinyl fence on his property. The damage was valued at $500.
• On March 1, Cheryl Annette Boggle, 55, of Holcomb Street in Glenn Jean, W.Va., reported the larceny of a washing machine from property located on Atkins Lane in Mount Airy. The appliance was valued at $300.
• On March 2, Jose Luis Rodriguez, 43, of Meadow Land Circle in Mount Airy, reported that someone used his identity to obtain services.
• On March 2, Duane Garfield Merritt, 51, of Grassy Creek Road in Pinnacle, reported that someone broke into his residence while he was sleeping and took various items including construction equipment, a handgun and currency. The items taken were valued at more than $1,800.