• An assault occurred Wednesday night in the Mayberry Mall parking lot, according to Mount Airy Police Department reports. Victim Randy Lane Magaraci of Chad’s Way, Mount Airy, was assaulted by unknown suspects who hit him with their hands and knocked him to the ground, causing minor injuries. The incident took place in the parking area near the Belk store.
• Shain Daniel Olsen, 18, of 1053 N. Main St., was charged Tuesday with two counts of felonious breaking and entering of a motor vehicle, larceny and damage to property. Olsen allegedly broke into two vehicles, a 2004 Ford F-250 pickup and a 2010 Toyota Camry, Monday night in the parking lot of the Renfro Lofts apartments on Virginia Street and stole money from one, along with damaging a third vehicle while fleeing the scene.
The incident was witnessed by one of the victims, who later identified Olsen, police records show. He was held in the Surry County Jail under a $5,000 secured bond and is scheduled to appear in District Court on Aug. 27. The vehicles broken into are owned by Blake Nathaniel White and Richard Alexander Whitley, both of Virginia Street.
• Two chrome wheel covers were discovered missing Tuesday from a 2007 Dodge Ram pickup at Patterson Chrysler on U.S. 52-North. The owner of the truck is Jovani Alonzo Munoz of Salem Wood Trail in Dobson.
• Police were told Monday that a larceny had occurred at the Cumbia Mix nightclub on West Pine Street, where copper pipes valued at $175 were cut from an air-conditioner.
• Christopher Kyle Wilson, 27, of 1632 Siloam Road, is facing offenses including unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, larceny, possession of stolen property and communicating threats, after being encountered by police Monday during a security check at H.B. Rowe Environmental Park on Hamburg Street. Officers discovered outstanding warrants on those violations which had been filed against Wilson on June 22 with Dina Louise Galicia of Pittman Street as the complainant. He is free on a written promise to appear in Surry District Court on July 27.
• A larceny was reported Monday at Mayberry Mall, involving a wallet being stolen from the purse of Bonita Brickell Hull of Locust Lane while she was carrying it on her shoulder in an arcade area. The wallet contained $50 in cash and a Master Card debit card, along with a change holder.