By Tom Joyce
• A Cana, Va., woman is facing multiple offenses after a hit-and-run incident Monday night in Mount Airy, according to city police department reports. Tina Marie McCraw, 30, of Timber Road, was arrested at Northern Hospital of Surry County after police investigated the hit and run and a stolen vehicle case on charges of hit and run/leaving the scene involving property damage, filing a false report to the police department and driving while license revoked. McCraw was confined in the Surry County Jail under a $1,200 secured bond and is to appear in District Court on April 16.
• Property valued at nearly $200 was discovered missing Monday as a result of a vehicular break-in at the Lowe’s hardward shopping center. It involved a Garmin GPS unit, a ring and a torch lighter being taken from the unlocked 2000 Ford Windstar van owned by Travis Transou Boles of Elkin.
• Police learned Monday of a larceny and property damage which resulted in a total loss of $800 at the residence of Peggy Fortner Crain on Andrews Street. An unknown party stole sterling silver earrings and a ring with a diamond, and a 10-karat gold ring from a bedroom, and caused $500 in damage to Crain’s Dell laptop computer.
• A larceny occurred Sunday at Walmart, where an unknown individual concealed assorted infant clothing items valued at about $163. That person was stopped by store security person and the merchandise was returned before the individual left.
• An undisclosed sum of money was stolen Saturday during a break-in at the home of Bedford Junior Stevens on South South Street, where entry was gained for forcing open a door. Damage put at $80 occurred to the door casing.
• Erik Brian Luhrs, 21, of Charlotte, was cited for larceny at Walmart Saturday. It involved unspecified merchandise, which was returned. A District Court date of March 19 was set for Luhrs.
• An American pit bull valued at $800 was stolen Friday from the Springs Road residence of Heather Nicole Hawks. The dog was described as a blue and white female, which was taken by a known individual who entered the house.
• Property valued at $350 was discovered missing Friday from Bonnie Lou’s Flea Market on Carter Street, including a wood stove and park bench. The owner of the items was identified as Kathryn Amanda Kinder, who lives on West Church Street.
• A Westfield man was arrested Friday on outstanding warrants for charges including breaking and entering after being encountered by police during a domestic call at a Taylor Street residence. The break-in charge against Hersey Antonio Emmitt Moore, 38,of 3859 Horseshoe Road, had been filed in December 2012 in Mount Airy, with Moore also wanted on two counts of failing to appear in court filed in Surry and Wilkes counties in June 2012 and July 2012, respectively.
• It was reported on Jan. 14 that a credit card of Lena Bell Frost of Galax, Va., had been used for an unauthorized purchase at the Lowe’s hardware store. The sum involved was not listed.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices