Stink bugs: What can be done?
by Staff Report
According to the University of Maryland Extension Service’s Home and Garden Information Center, there are a few simple tips and tricks to help keep the brown marmorated stink bugs from entering a home:
• Caulk windows inside and out.
• Weather strip entry doors and/or install door sweeps if daylight is visible around their perimeter.
• Rake away all debris and edible vegetation from around a home’s foundation to keep from attracting pests.
• Inspect for and seal foundation cracks to block a potential point of entry.
• Secure crawl space entries.
• When insulating exposed plumbing pipes around the foundation or the crawl space of a home, caulk small gaps and fill larger ones with steel wool.
• If a home has a fireplace, cap or screen the top of the chimney to keep out pests.
• Both live and dead brown marmorated stink bugs can be removed from interior areas with the aid of a vacuum cleaner, but the vacuum may smell of stink bugs for a period of time.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices