• Electronic accessories valued at $152 were stolen last Thursday at the Sheetz convenience store on U.S. 601, according to Mount Airy Police Department reports. Items stolen included two 4-foot cell phone charging cords, three micro-USB cables and three micro-USB chargers. A known suspect is said to have taken the items, but no charges were reported in the immediate aftermath of the crime.
• Hensey Antonio-Emitt Moore, 42, of 330 W. Virginia St., was jailed last Thursday under a series of violations after being encountered during a traffic stop on Starlite Road off U.S. 52. Moore was served with an order for arrest for two counts of failing to pay child support, which had been issued by county authorities on Aug. 15, and was charged Thursday with possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
He also was cited for traffic offenses including driving while license revoked, no insurance and displaying a fictitious plate. Moore’s bond was set at $6,650 and he is slated for an Oct. 30 appearance in Surry District Court.
• Damage estimated at $300 occurred to a 1998 Lincoln Navigator owned by Antonio Jose Reyes of South Franklin Road while it was parked at Walmart on Sept. 13. The damage was caused by a known male suspect who “deliberately” used a door of his vehicle to damage the side of the victim’s SUV, police records state.
• Deborah Mary Wright, 46, listed as a homeless Mount Airy resident, is facing multiple violations as a result of an incident on Sept. 13 at Forrest Oaks Shopping Center. Wright allegedly was found in possession of unspecified items valued at $54 that had been stolen from Tractor Supply Co. in the shopping center, which were recovered.
This led to Wright being cited on charges of larceny and possession of stolen property, and she also was served with an outstanding criminal summons for another larceny offense and a charge of receiving stolen goods which had been issued in the city on April 13, with no other details listed. Wright is scheduled to appear in Surry District Court on Nov. 30.
• Violations of possession of stolen property and driving while license revoked were filed against Eric Todd Lynch, 50, of 112 Dunaway Lane, Pilot Mountain, after a Sept. 13 traffic stop on North Franklin Road at Pipers Gap Road. No details were listed regarding the stolen property offense. Lynch’s court date is Oct. 16.
• Elissa Simmons Marion, 36, of 106 Alpha Lane, was jailed under a $7,000 secured bond on Sept. 12 after she was encountered during a traffic stop at Forrest Oaks Shopping Center. A consent search of the 2001 Chevrolet Impala she was in led to Marion being charged with felonious possession of a Schedule II controlled substance, misdemeanor possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance, carrying a concealed weapon (a handgun), possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana paraphernalia.
In addition, she was served with an arrest order issued by county authorities for failure to pay fines in an earlier matter. Marion is to appear in District Court on Oct. 5.