DOBSON — The Surry County Sheriff’s Office has released the following arrest reports:
• John Christopher Yarbrough, 31, of Simpson Mill Road, was served an order for arrest on May 26 on a charge of failure to appear in court in February. The arrest report states that Yarbrough was facing three counts of one misdemeanor and one count of another misdemeanor. He was placed in jail under a $60,000 bond with a court date today.
According to the court docket, the offenses he faces in court include passing a worthless check, driving while license revoked (not impaired), failure to wear seatbelt, expired inspection, and no registration. Also on the docket for June 15 are additional charges of having a fictitious or altered registration card, no car insurance, no registration and driving while license revoked (not impaired). Then in July he has a court date for charges of obtaining property by false pretense and probation violations.
• Stephanie Michelle Garrett, 41, of Union Church Road, Ararat, was served a warrant May 25 on charges of larceny and possession of stolen goods, dating back to Jan. 26. She was placed under a $300 cash bond with a July 26 court date.
• Joshua Adam Duncan, of Circle Drive, Mount Airy, was served a government warrant for the state of North Carolina on May 26. No details about the warrant were given. He was placed in the Surry County Detention Center under no bond with no listed trial information.
• Jocelyn Darshelle Furnace, 23, of Green Meadow Lane, Ararat, was served an order for arrest on May 26 on a charge of failure to appear in court in Stokes County. The original charges included driving with no insurance, driving with a revoked or suspended tag, having no inspection and having an expired registration card. She was given a $3,000 bond with a court date this week in Surry County; no information is given about a court date for Stokes County.
• Aldie Joyce George, 49, of Brookfield Drive, Mount Airy, was served a criminal summons May 27 on a charge of improper sewage disposal. He must appear in court on June 16.
• Amanda Rae Brooks, 38, of Mimosa Lane, Lowgap, was served a criminal summons May 27 on a charge of violation of the mandatory school attendance law, dated Feb. 22 for Surry County Schools. She has a June 30 court date.
• Kenneth Edward Matthews, 42, of Greenhouse Trail, Lowgap, was served an order for arrest on May 27 on a charge of failure to appear in court. The report shows three different misdemeanor charges from November, but doesn’t list what they were. He was given a $20,000 secured bond with a July 10 court date.
According to the court docket, the charges include felony hit-and-run causing serious injury or death, failure to reduce speed, and no driver’s license. The docket also shows a court date on Aug. 21 for other charges of speeding and driving while license revoked (not impaired).
• Dennis Lee Noel Jr., 41, of Marshall Johnson Road, Pilot Mountain, was served a criminal summons May 28 on the counts of second-degree trespass and communicating threats. The complainant is Paul Johnson, of the same street. Noel has a June 30 court date.
• Steven Edgar Spencer, 48, of Old Buck Shoals Road, Mount Airy, was served a warrant May 28 on a charge of misdemeanor larceny. He was given a $1,000 unsecured bond with an Aug. 24 court date. He also received an infraction for failure to wear a seatbelt and received a court date today on that charge.
• James Edward Collins, 29, of Blanchard Road, Sanford, was arrested on East Pine Street May 29 on a charge of failure to appear in court in Lee County dated back to November.
An additional charge of obstructing an officer was added as the arresting officer said the subject was uncooperative and refused to answer questions or even give personal information for the report. He was given a $1,000 secured bond with a July 12 court date in Surry County; no court information was listed for Lee County.