DOBSON — County deputies arrested a hospital employee suspected of stealing from a patient.
The Surry County Sheriff’s Office said that early on Tuesday morning deputies picked up Wendy Galyean Rozier, 39, of New Life Church Road, Mount Airy.
The arrest warrant came from the Mount Airy Police Department. It charges Rozier with committing credit card fraud.
The sheriff’s office said Rozier is accused of stealing a BB&T financial card from a patient at Northern Hospital of Surry County, then using the card.
Rozier was released on a $2,500 unsecured bond with a June 12 court date.
According to county court documents, Rozier already is on the calendar in June for several driving-related charges. These are speeding, no vehicle inspection, driving while license revoked (not impaired), no car insurance, no registration, possessing an altered/fictitious drivers license, and having a fictitious/altered registration card.
• Michael Craig Smithey, 36, of Moravian Falls Road, Wilkesboro, was arrested Tuesday on the charge of being a habitual felon. He was placed under a $50,000 secured bond with court date this week.
• Antonio Manuel Hernandez, 19, of Poplar Street, Mount Airy, was arrested Tuesday on three charges of failure to appear in court. The three prior counts were violating a protective order, first-degree kidnapping and second-degree forcible rape. He was placed in jail with no bond amount and a July 5 court date.
• Shane Douglas Bowman, 24, of Willow Street, Mount Airy, was arrested Tuesday on three counts of failure to appear in court. The prior charges were resisting an officer, no driver’s license and probation violations. He was given two different bonds: $200 in cash on the license charge with a court date this week and $2,000 secured on the other two counts with a court date on May 23.
• Joseph Odell Spencer, 43, of Dry Rock Lane, Mount Airy, was arrested on the charge of failure to appear in court on a habitual-felon case. He was released on a written promise to appear in court this week.
• Rodney Tyrone Travis, 43, of East Haymore Street, Mount Airy, was served a warrant Monday on charges of assault on a female and injury to personal property. The complainant was Marnita Caesar of Mount Airy. He has a June 12 court date with no bond.
• Lonnie Herman Bryant II on May 5 reported a breaking and entering of an outbuilding at his residence on Cedar Ridge Road. He said a padlock (valued at $25) was damaged to gain entry, then some assorted Craftsman wrenches were removed by a 35-year-old white male. The case is still open.
• A burglary was reported May 6 at a residence on Locklear Street, Mount Airy. Ray Lee Edmonds reported that someone entered the home while he and Martha Abgail Blevins were asleep. Reported taken were a $45 flashlight, a $45 pair of pliers, $30 cash, $20 in lotion and two tubes of Neosporin. The suspect is listed as a 52-year-old white male, but no name is given.
• Patrick Wayne O’Neal reported a breaking and entering at a home on Hauser Road in Pinnacle. Taken sometime Sunday afternoon by an unknown person were a Sony Playstation 3 with two controllers and six games (valued at $300), 50 oxycodone pills ($60) and 60 tizanidine muscle relaxers ($30).
• Gregory David Sidden reported a breaking and entering at his home on Forest Lane in State Road on Sunday. Taken sometime that morning were $1,300 in cash, a $30 Glock bag and 40 Klonopin pills. The suspect is listed as a 50-year-old white male. The case is still open.