• Matthew Erven Billings, 23, of Windy Ridge, North Wilkesboro, was arrested March 7 for larceny of a motor vehicle, breaking and entering, and larceny after breaking and entering. The three charges were filed in Wilkes County in January.
The sheriff’s office discovered the outstanding warrants while holding Billings for three other offenses committed in Surry County: possession of a schedule II controlled substance, possession of a schedule III controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was placed under a $50,000 secured bond.
He has a court date of March 20 for Surry County, then April 19 in Wilkes.
• Andy Gene Temoney Jr., 25, of Quaker Road, Mount Airy, was arrested on March 7 for misdemeanor assault on a female, with a complainant listed as Carolina Court in Mount Airy. Temoney wasn’t given a bond and has a court date of April 5.
• Christopher Ray Whitt, 42, of Hayden Lane, Pilot Mountain, was arrested March 7 for a probation violation for being out of the county. The warrant was dated Feb. 26, 2016. He was placed under a $20,000 secured bond with a court date of March 20.
• Amber Beth Roberts, 36, of Maple Grove Church Road, Mount Airy, was arrested March 7 for failure to appear in court on a larceny charge. She was given a $2,000 secured bond with a March 27 court date.
• Billy Spencer Freeman, 33, of Anderson Road, Siloam, was arrested March 6 for assault on a female. Freeman wasn’t given a bond and has an April 3 court date.
• Gavin Marcel Green, 25, of N.C. 268, Pinnacle, was arrested on March 6 for failure to appear in court on charge of assault on a female and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was placed under a $25,000 secured bond with a court date of April 20.
Megan France, of Carolina Court, told city police in January that Green entered her apartment at night and assaulted her and her boyfriend.
• Two men were picked up on warrants for the Mount Airy Police Department.
Levi Curtis Todd, 24, Tidewater Lane, Lowgap, and Jesse James Outlaw, 24, of Woodrow Snow Lane, Mount Airy, were arrested March 2 for larceny and possession of stolen goods. Each man received a $2,500 secured bond with a court date of April 18.
• Norman Linwood Vassar, 35, of Greensboro, was arrested March 1 on West Pine Street, just above North Surry High School. He was charged for identity theft, possession of stolen property and resisting an officer. These charges came from Davidson and Forsyth counties in February. He was placed under a $2,500 secured bond with a court date of March 22 in Guilford County.
• Shaun Rae Holyfield, 33, of High Ridge Road, Mount Airy, was arrested Feb. 23 for failure to appear in court on previous charges. The warrants date back to Dec. 16. He was placed under a $38,000 secured bond with a court date of March 20.
• Morgan Elaine Manley, 32, of New Street, Mount Airy, was arrested Feb. 21 for maintaining a drug dwelling, possession with intent to sell/deliver heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia. The arrest report states that she was holding 1.7 grams at the time of arrest. She was placed under a $10,000 secured bond with a court date of April 26.
• Matthew Ryan Owens, 26, of Coliseum Lane, Mount Airy, was arrested Feb. 21 for probation violations. He was placed under a $60,000 secured bond with a court date of March 21.
• Howard Donnell Easter, of McBride Road, Mount Airy, reported a larceny on March 7 involving a second home he owns on Badgett Avenue. Taken from the residence at some point in the prior five days was about 100 feet of copper wiring, valued at $250.
• Roger Gray Sawyers, of Eagle Lane, Mount Airy, reported a larceny March 7 at his property on Jacobs Street. Taken from that location were a cement mixer ($2,000), a Hustler zero-turn mower ($1,500), a Cub Cadet mowing deck ($250), a Snapper 28-inch mower ($300), a Snapper 30-inch rear engine mower ($300) and a Murray “mower with Snoopy hood ornament” ($300).