• A homeless Mount Airy woman has been jailed under a $27,000 secured bond on felony drug and other charges, according to city police department reports.
Crystal Bowman Sheets, 38, was encountered last Tuesday night near the downtown area during an attempt to serve outstanding warrants. Sheets allegedly provided a false name and date of birth, leading to a violation of resisting a public officer, and she also was charged with being a fugitive from justice from Wythe County, Virginia, on an unspecified matter.
The outstanding warrants were for charges filed on Oct. 27, including two felonies, conspiracy to sell or deliver a Schedule II controlled substance and possession of a Schedule II controlled substance with intent to sell or deliver, along with possession of drug paraphernalia. Sheets also was wanted on a probation violation filed on Nov. 4 and an order for arrest for failing to appear in court. She is facing Surry District Court dates in March, April and May.
• Food Lion on West Pine Street was the scene of a larceny last Tuesday, when a known suspect ran out of the store with stolen merchandise valued at $94, including two packages each of rib-eye steaks, ground beef and ground beef rolls. At last report, charges were pending against that person, police records show.
• Angela Theresa Volk, 19, of 543 Fisher Valley Road, Dobson, was cited for larceny on Feb. 13 at Walmart, where she allegedly committed a theft by changing price tags on merchandise. Volk is scheduled to appear in Surry District Court on April 12.
• A traffic stop on Edgewood Drive and Rockford Street led to Herbert Watkins Jr., 40, of 215 Barney Venable Road, Pilot Mountain, being arrested on drug and other offenses on Feb. 5. Watkins was charged with possession of methamphetamine, a felony, and six misdemeanors: possession of a concealed weapon, possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance, possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, having an open container of alcohol and displaying fictitious registration.
Watkins was confined in the Surry County Jail under a $1,000 secured bond. Another person in the 2003 GMC Sierra that was pulled over, Kendra Dawn Dawson, 30, of 146 Parable Lane, Mount Airy, was cited for possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance, possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Both Watkins and Dawson are scheduled to be in District Court on April 3.
• Larry Dwayne Bouldin, 46, listed as a homeless Mount Airy resident, was cited for second-degree trespassing on Feb. 7 in the Wendy’s parking lot. Bouldin had been banned from those premises by the restaurant management on Sept. 26. His court date is April 6.