DOBSON — Two minors have been charged through the juvenile system after allegedly shooting the windshields of four motor vehicles traveling on I-74 from the Hiatt Road overpass, according to information provided by a Surry County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson.
June 11 incident reports identify the victims as John Allen Bragg, 40, of Victor, West Virginia; Russell Wayne Burton, 57, of Big Bend, West Virginia; Gregory Carlton Martin, 56, of Hamstead, West Virginia; and Nadia Muhammid Eidkhoff, 33, of Columbus, Ohio.
The damage to the vehicles resulted in “some minor injuries from shattered glass which did not require hospitalization,” Detective Sergeant J.D. Briles stated in an email.
The juvenile defendants were issued petitions for four counts of vandalism each, Briles said.
• An incident described as “all other fraud” occurred at Surry Central High School, according to a June 10 report that lists a school employee, Anya Tilley Martin, as the victim. According to Briles, images of the victim were found on a computer. The investigation is still active and no further information can be released at this time, Briles said.
• On June 12, Richard Allen Issacs, of Precinct Road, Pilot Mountain, reported a breaking and entering of his home. According to the incident report, a suspect damaged a glass door when entering the premises, causing $200 of damage. A .22-caliber handgun, valued at $600, a computer printer valued at $300 and a $100 wrist watch were reported stolen. The investigation is still open with no leads at this time, Briles said.
• Joseph Bradley Hastings, of Lamar Trail, Mount Airy, was arrested on June 13 and charged with financial card theft and three counts of obtaining property by false pretense. He is scheduled to appear in court on July 12 under a $1,000 secured bond.
• Walter Hubert Collins, 59, of Quaker Road, was arrested June 13 and charged with assault by strangulation, which is a felony. According to the report, the warrant against Collins was issued April 20. Bond was set at $2,500 secured with a court date of August 3.
• According to a June 10 report, Shirley Jean Orange, of Smith Lane, Mount Airy, was the victim of a fraud where her social security number was used for taxes.
Reach Terri Flagg at 415-4734.