DOBSON — On Monday a Surry County Grand Jury returned indictments for two counts of felony larceny to Micah Lamar Swanson, of Ararat, who is accused in the August 2015 theft of two golf carts.
Swanson was arrested and initially charged with possession of stolen goods or property in August. At the time, he was out on bond for charges stemming from a May 2015 hit-and-run incident that led to the death of Leonard Eugene “Tommy” Trivette, an elderly Ararat resident.
The defendant is scheduled to appear in Superior Court on July 6 on the felony larceny charges along with second-degree murder, habitual impaired driving and two counts of felonious hit and run causing serious injury or death.
True bills of indictment were also returned on Monday to:
• Nathan Daniel Cook, 29, of Glenn Creed Lane, Mount Airy, with 13 counts of embezzlement, 14 counts of obtaining property by false pretense and one count of uttering a forged instrument. According to the indictments, Cook is accused of using a Steve Tate & Son Plumbing gas card for personal use on several different occasions for transactions totaling less than $40. His cases and other pending charges appeared on the May 10 Superior Court calendar.
In January, Cook was indicted on charges of first-degree burglary and felony larceny.
• Juan Megual Alexander, 27, of South Street, Elkin, with possession/distribution of methamphetamine precursors, possession of drug paraphernalia, simple possession of a schedule II controlled substance and possession of marijuana possession; May 11 court date.
• Kent Lee Brown, 26, of Eleanor Avenue, Mount Airy, with felony possession of a schedule II substance; May 11 court date.
• Christopher Reuben Clark, 32, of Hiatt Road, Mount Airy, with two counts each of possession of methamphetamine and possession of a firearm by a felon; July 6 court date.
• Steven Lee Gregory, 59, of Bryant Mill Road, Ararat, with maintaining a drug vehicle or dwelling and possession with intent to manufacture sell or deliver a schedule II controlled substance; May 11 court date.
• Seth Aaron Kernodle, 27, of Hamburg Street, Mount Airy, with possession of methamphetamine, two counts each of felony larceny and felony possession of stolen goods/property; court date May 11.
• Jacob Aaron Shinault, 21, of Maple Grove Church Road, Mount Airy, with possession of methamphetamine; May 11 court date.
• Tammy Osborne Williams, 47, of Royal Acres Lane, Glade Valley, with breaking and/or entering and larceny after breaking and/or entering; May 11 court date.
• William Kelly Wood, 37, of Happy Lane, Dobson, with interference with electronic monitor device and habitual felon status; July 6 court date.
Reach Terri Flagg at 415-4734.