This year’s Annual Good Friday Services, centered around the theme of the “Seven Last Words of Christ” are being hosted by Mount Airy Wesleyan Church and its pastor, Rev. Eric Smith, on Friday from noon to 3 p.m.
The church is located at 2063 South Main St. These are multi-denominational services with a pastor from a different denomination bringing each of the messages.
This year’s speakers are:
• 12 -12:25 p.m., Rev. Jim Vaught, pastor of Calvary Assembly of God, who will speak from Luke 23:34 on the theme “Father, forgive them, for they know what they do.”
• 12:25-12:50 p.m., Rev. J L Young, pastor of Friendly Tabernacle Church, who will speak from Luke 23:43 on “Today shalt thou be with me in Paradise.”
• 12:50-1:15 p.m., Evangelist Florence Green, pastor of Mount Nebo Holiness Church, who will speak from John 19:26, 27 on “Woman behold thy Son.”
• 1:15- 1:40 p.m., Rev. Jack Anderson, evangelist, who will speak from Matthew 27:46 on “My God, My God why hast thou forsaken me?”
• 1:40-2:05 p.m., Rev. Austin Caviness, pastor of Salem Fork Christian Church, who will speak from John 19:28 on “I Thirst.”
• 2:05-2:30 p.m., Rev. D M Dalton, retired Southern Baptist pastor, who will speak from John 19:30 on “It is finished”.
• 2:30-3: p.m., Rev. George Randal, youth pastor, Rocky Ford Christian Church, who will speak from Luke 23:46 on “Father into thy hands I commend my spirit.”
A brief intermission of two to three minutes will follow each speaker, allowing people to come and go as needed between each speaker. Refreshments will be served in the Church Fellowship Hall following each speaker.