DOBSON — Here are results from court cases heard this week.
• The probation of a Mount Airy man convicted of taking indecent liberties with a child in 2013 was extended for an additional 24 months in an administrative session of Surry County Superior Court on Tuesday.
Anthony Xavier Bowser, 24, of Hawaii Lane, was also on probation for a failure to report a new address as a registered sex offender conviction. He was ordered to pay a minimum of $43 per month toward his cases or be issued a violation and order for arrest with a $20,000 secured bond. Once all monies are paid, probation may be terminated if Bowser is otherwise in compliance.
• Probation was revoked for Jerry Vincent Hague, 44, of West Main Street in Elkin, who was serving a sentence for larceny of a motor vehicle and possession of stolen goods and property. A 12- to 24-month sentence was activated for Hague with 53 days credited for time served.
• A probation violation was dismissed and probation terminated for Crystal Hall, of Park Drive, Mount Airy, who was serving a sentence for a 2010 felony worthless check conviction.
• James Roy Hinson, 40, of Noah Hayes Road, State Road, was extended on probation for 12 months with a review in six months. Hinson, whose sentence stemmed from a first-degree kidnapping charge, was told his probation may be terminated if he is in full compliance, but if he tests positive for any illegal controlled substance then he will be issued a violation and order for arrest with a $10,000 secured bond.
• Joshua Cory Lawson, of Southview Drive, Mount Airy, was ordered to serve a 90-day Confinement in Response to Violation (CRV) as a result of refusing drug tests and failing to attend classes and treatment as part of his supervised probation sentence.
Lawson, who was convicted of possession of stolen goods and property, possession of methamphetamine and assaulting a law officer, had already served one 90-day CRV in the Surry County Jail for a previous violation.
The judge ordered this CRV to be served in a Department of Corrections facility where more treatment options are available.