An Elkin man recently was served with additional sex crime charges from Yadkin County while in custody of the Surry County Detention Center for similar charges.
Ronald Alexander Winters, 35, of Hickerson Drive, was arrested by the Elkin Police Department on Nov. 12 and charged with two counts each of statutory rape or sexual offense of a person who is 13,14 or 15 years old, felony incest and indecent liberties with a child.
On Nov. 18 while still in custody on the first set of charges, Winters was charged with first degree rape, indecent liberties with a child, incest and crime against nature on Yadkin County warrants.
He remains in custody in Surry County under a $300,000 secured bond and is scheduled to appear in court in Yadkin County on Jan. 6 and in Surry County on Jan. 12.
No additional details on the charges were available.
• On Nov. 7, Wendy Kristen Odum, 48, of Atkins Lane, Mount Airy, was charged with four counts of obtaining property by false pretense for allegedly removing a family member’s EBT card from the mailbox, activating and using it. The family member had contacted the county social services fraud investigator, who assisted with the investigation, according to a spokesperson from the Surry County Sheriff’s Office. Bond was set at $1,000 unsecured with a court appearance scheduled for Dec. 14.
• James Ervin Anderson, 40, of Simpson Mill Road, was charged with felony larceny on Nov. 12 and released at the magistrates office under a $5,000 secured bond. He is scheduled to appear in Forsyth County Court on Jan. 11.
• Officers investigating a suspicious vehicle report on McBride Road found a woman wanted in Patrick County, Virginia, inside the vehicle. Wendy Ann McCraw, 32, of West Crosswinds Court, was charged with felony fugitive from another state according to the Nov. 12 report. Bond was set at $5,000 secured with a court date of Nov. 16.
• Stephen Edward Goins, 44, of Haystack Road, Mount Airy, was charged on Nov. 13 with one count of obtaining property by false pretense and served with two misdemeanor failure to appear charges. Bond was set at $1,000 secured with a court date of Jan. 29.
• David Howard Childress III, 21, of Crosswinds Court, Mount Airy, was charged on Nov. 16 with felony assault causing serious bodily injury and misdemeanor assault by pointing a gun. According to a spokesperson from the sheriff’s office, Childress and his wife, Jessica Childress, had physically assaulted David Childress’s brother, who received medical assistance after the alleged assault. Jessica Childress was charged with misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon. Both are scheduled to appear in court on Dec. 1.
• Dustin Shane Watson, 23, of Sunshine Lane, Lowgap, was charged with one count of obtaining property by false pretense on Nov. 17. Bond was set at $5,000 secured with a court date of Dec. 10.