Health Department Inspections is a regular listing of inspections conducted in Surry County establishments by North Carolina health officials. The listing includes restaurants, schools, day care facilities, adult care and other facilities. The listings give the health inspector score, if applicable, along with the text of their findings in their words.
Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon, 1905 WoodLandDrive, Mount Airy. Inspected Aug. 27, score 96.5. Violations: 1) Utensils, equipment and linens: properly stored, dried and handled: Equipment and Utensils, Air-Drying Required – C- Air-dry dishes before stacking.
2) Equipment, food and non-food-contact surfaces approved; cleanable, properly designed, constructed and used: Nonfood-Contact Surfaces – C-bar cooler bottoms in bad repair. Not easy to clean. Replace chipped shelving in the reach-in coolers. 4-202.16 Nonfood-Contact Surfaces – C- Large sandwich unit missing facing not allowing easy cleaning and good maintenance. One-door meat cooler missing facing. Good Repair and Proper Adjustment-Equipment – C- Replace gaskets on the middle sand prep unit. Salad prep cooler lid in bad repair. Repair the sanitizer compartment drain on the 3-comp. Sink. Not properly holding sanitizer water. Good Repair and Calibration-Utensils and Temperature and Pressure Measuring Devices – C- Replace metal colandars that are bent and cracked.
3) Warewashing facilities: installed, maintained and used; test strips: Warewashing Equipment, Cleaning Frequency – C- Three compartment sink and drainboards need to be cleaned. Cdi. Pic cleaned and sanitized the sink.
4) Non-food-contact surfaces clean: Equipment, Food-Contact Surfaces, Nonfood-Contact Surfaces, and Utensils – C- Clean tops of equipment for dust and grease. Clean inside refrigeration. Clean gaskets. Clean fryer cabinets.
5) Physical facilities installed, maintained and clean: Floors, Walls and Ceilings-Cleanability – C- REpair chipped/missig tiles, re-grout where needed. Repair baseboard tiles where damaged. Repair large hole on the bottom walls near the waitstation. Cleaning, Frequency and Restrictions – C- Clean floors/walls under and behind equipment throughout. Clean floor sinks. Repairing-Premises, Structures, Attachments, and Fixtures-Methods – C Vent covers in the dishmachine area in bad repair. Rusty door frames. Dining floor in bad repair.
6) Meets ventilation and lighting requirements; designated areas used: Cleaning Ventilation Systems, Nuisance and Discharge Prohibition – C- Clean filters in the hood.
Mount Airy Nutrition Center, 215 Jones School Road, Mount Airy. Inspected Aug. 17, score 98.5. Violations: 1) Toxic substances properly identified, stored, and used: Sanitizers, Criteria-Chemicals – P – The sanitizer tested above 200ppm chlorine. Keep all sanitizer between 50 and 200ppm chlorine. The sanitizer was weakened to correct the violation. 7-102.11 Common Name-Working Containers – PF – The sanitizer was not labeled today. Keep all chemical containers properly labeled. The sanitizer was labeled to correct the violation.
2) Toilet facilities: properly constructed, supplied and cleaned: Toilet Room Receptacle, Covered – C – A trash can with a lid is needed in any restroom used by females. Both restrooms do not have trash cans with lids.