Northern Hospital of Surry County has joined forces with Northwest Medical Partners, PA and ProHealth Fitness Center. The long-standing group of medical providers at Northwest Medical became part of the Northern Medical Group physician network on October 1, with all of the current staff offered jobs with Northern.
Effective Thursday, Northwest Medical Partners became Northern Medical Group – Family Medicine, joining the established network of 40 specialty providers. ProHealth Fitness became Northern Wellness & Fitness Center.
“The agreement is a win-win for all parties – Northern Hospital, Northern Medical Group, Northwest Medical Partners, ProHealth Fitness, and patients, many of whom already benefit from the quality care provided by the physicians, nurses, and allied-health caregivers at both entities,” said Ned Hill, president and Chief Executive Officer of Northern Hospital. “This merger further strengthens the ability of Northern Hospital and Northwest Medical Partners to meet the comprehensive healthcare needs of the communities we serve.”
“Northern Medical Group welcomes the addition of Primary Care to its core network of physician specialists which includes: cardiology, gastroenterology, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, orthopedic surgery, pain management, pediatrics, pulmonology, and urology,” said Gregory M. Schulz, FACHE vice president of Physician Network for Northern Hospital.
“We are excited to join with Northern Hospital to help ensure that our patients have seamless access to the acute care programs and specialty services available at Northern Hospital and Northern Medical Group’s physician network,” said Dr. Nelson Gardner, managing partner of Northwest Medical Partners, P.A. “We look forward to the benefits this partnership brings to our practice and most importantly to our patients.”
Patients and clients of Northwest Medical and ProHealth will notice a few changes in the coming weeks. Important information to know:
• New signage reflects the change in facility names for the medical practice, pharmacy, and fitness center.
• The facility’s address, phone, and fax numbers remain the same.
• Northern Medical Group Family Medicine continues to provide all services offered by Northwest Medical Partners. These services include: family medicine, medical weight loss, laboratory, pharmacy, x-ray, bone density and ultrasound scans.
• All medical providers of Northwest Medical Partners have been offered full-time employment under Northern Medical Group – Family Medicine. Dr. D. Nelson Gardner and Dr. Challie A. Minton have remained with the practice, along with four certified physician assistants – Michael H. Cartledge, Laura E. Hedlund, C. Anthony Hutton, and Nicole E. Coalson.
• All current memberships, arrangements, and services for clients of ProHealth Fitness Center remain in effect.
Northwest Medical Partners was established by Gardner in 2000. DGardner opened the doors to ProHealth Fitness Center that same year. Both facilities have served thousands of patients and clients from Surry County and surrounding communities throughout the region including southwest Virginia. In October 2012, Minton and Cartledge joined the Northwest Medical partnership. The ProHealth Pharmacy was added in 2012 and is undergoing an expansion.